HDD in PO3-630 predator orion HELP!

Options
NasX
NasX Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hey guys, I recently bought a predator Orion 3000, and wanted to install an extra HDD, I saw that my SATA ports were hidden behind the graphics card, and I cannot remove the graphics card since it has been blocked by something, what can I do?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    There is a latch at the back of the socket for the GPU that needs to be released to pull it out.
    You can just see it in the image, above and to the right of the CMOS battery, #23. You will also need to make sure you have the cables that plug into #12 or #13 in order to power the drive(s). They typically have one cable installed but they might not have included the second cable. Each of those cables can power up to two drives.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • NasX
    NasX Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited September 2021
    Options
    billsey said:
    There is a latch at the back of the socket for the GPU that needs to be released to pull it out.
    You can just see it in the image, above and to the right of the CMOS battery, #23. You will also need to make sure you have the cables that plug into #12 or #13 in order to power the drive(s). They typically have one cable installed but they might not have included the second cable. Each of those cables can power up to two drives.

I saw it too, i try to push to the right but it didnt move tho, 
  • billsey
    Options
    Try pushing it the other way. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Amo_rphis
    Amo_rphis Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Hey; is there a way to buy those cables for #12 or #13; I also have only one,and I wish to have the second one. A link if you found please.
  • billsey
    Options
    Sure, search for Acer part number: 50.E1ZD1.002.