acer monitor " Acer V247Y BI cable not connected" instead of "no signal" message

Options
G_Greg
G_Greg Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Monitors
Hi,

I bought a brand new Acer V247Y BI monitor. I use it as a secondary monitor. I pluged in a HDMI cable to the monitor and it is working fine. But when I turn off in the windows system the monitor it says "cable not connected" instead of "no signal". Sometimes I don't use my secondary monitor just the primary therefore I turn the secondary. 
The "cable not connected" message is floating and wait too much than go to standby. But I didn't unplug the cable. When I plug in the VGA cable the monitor recognize it and work fine it says no signal and turn standby immediately. (But I can't use VGA to my PC)

Sometimes when booting my pc the windows can't decide which monitor I want to use. The loading screen appears on the secondary screen the when booted switch to the primary.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,094 Pathfinder
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @G_Greg

Please try to use an alternative cable and check.. 

Try Windows + x - go to device manager 
    expand display adapter
    right click on display driver - uninstall 
    Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 
    Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 
    Don’t restart the computer. 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers 
    Install the display driver 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• G_Greg

Tinkerer

Options
    The cable is working fine. I tried it an another monitor. I can't use VGA cable because I haven't got and intagrated videocard int the motherboard.

I uninstalled the two monitor driver and downloaded the latest drivers and I got an error message that the windows can't find driver (in the driver folder).
    I opened manually the driver folder and I right-click the actual INF file inside the folder. Than it's worked it shows the install successfully. My primary monitor got the latest monitor driver. But when I tried with that my secondary monitor it says the install sucessfully but didn't showed in the device manager just my primary. Than I restarted my computer and the windows installed the standard old monitor driver to the secondary monitor.
    All in all my primary monitor which worked as well got the latest monitor driver but my secondary monitor didn't
  • G_Greg

Tinkerer

edited September 2021
    Options
    I tried to video it.

As you can see I turn off my pc and my primary monitor turn off and go to standby with "no signal" message, but my secondary monitor says it has "cable not connected" but it has a cable pluged in. The problem with the secondary screen isn't want to turn standby.

https://youtu.be/d7uejTY1Dxw