ACER NITRO 5 NOT CHARGING EVEN PLUGGED IN

calikeancalikean Member Posts: 3 New User
My laptop is not charging when its turned on, it says plugged in but the battery keeps on decreasing. When I charge it while its turned off, it charges for a long time. It will take 2 days for my laptop to be fully charged. I checked the battery health on acer care center, it says battery healthy is "good."

I tried the device manager, system configuration, battery resetting even removing the battery and plugging it again. It still wont charge.

What do you think is the problem? Do you think the charger is the main problem?

Best Answer

• BalatekieBalatekie ACE Posts: 1,158 Pioneer
    Accepted Answer
    Hello!!

@calikean, From the description you shared it seems that adapter is not providing actual voltage to charge the internal battery in laptop. The embedded form of digital coil inside the adapter might have gone weaker and not able to provide actual needed volt for the battery. 

Before buying new adapter, I recommend you to check the adapter and confirm it is defective. 

Click here to get complete video instructions, on how to test the laptop charger. Hope this helps!!

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

FAQ & Answers

• BalatekieBalatekie ACE Posts: 1,158 Pioneer
    Accepted Answer
    Hello!!

@calikean, From the description you shared it seems that adapter is not providing actual voltage to charge the internal battery in laptop. The embedded form of digital coil inside the adapter might have gone weaker and not able to provide actual needed volt for the battery. 

Before buying new adapter, I recommend you to check the adapter and confirm it is defective. 

Click here to get complete video instructions, on how to test the laptop charger. Hope this helps!!

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 3,404
    Hi @calikean,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • calikeancalikean Member Posts: 3 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi @calikean,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
    yes! but it slows charge when its closed, it doesn't charge when open
  • calikeancalikean Member Posts: 3 New User
    Balatekie said:
    Hello!!

Regards, 
    Balatekie
    hello! i tried that but it only shows "1" what does ot mean?
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 3,404
    Hi @calikean,

Did you check with different charger.