Power supply replacement xc 1600g uw93

Hezq
Hezq Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi, i have a Acer aspire Xc 1660g uw93
(Part Number: DT.BH7AA.002) 
 i need  replacement power supply i buy a 
 500w 80+ psu but idk how to connect  24pin cable to 6pin +6pin in motherboard,? Help

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The Aspire XC-1660G uses an ATX12VO power supply, which only needs to provide 12V to the motherboard. That is why there are fewer, and smaller, connectors. What size supply came with yours, and why are you trying to mount a bigger one?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hezq
    Hezq Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    The Aspire XC-1660G uses an ATX12VO power supply, which only needs to provide 12V to the motherboard. That is why there are fewer, and smaller, connectors. What size supply came with yours, and why are you trying to mount a bigger one?
    I want to install a gpu and change xg1660g pcs case
  • billsey
    The PSU looks like it's a Flex ATX size, so it's designed to fit in the thinner case. It is a 300W supply, so enough for some GPUs and inadequate for others. You can fit a low profile card into the stock case and a full size case would have room for a full size card, but the PSU would be a challenge to mount into a full sized case.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gilboma
    gilboma Member Posts: 2 New User
    anybody know what memory is in this machine?  Just says DDR4 SDRAM but I can't find the frequency.  3200?  2900?  
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @gilboma,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• billsey
    The Aspire XC-1660G uses DDR4 2933MHz memory.
  • IHATETHISWEBSITE
    IHATETHISWEBSITE Member Posts: 1 New User
    GET AN XBOX360 POWER SUPPLY . CUT CABLE AN ADD FEMALE PORTS TO BLACK AND WND WHITE WIRES. GREEN ADD TO THE GREEN LEG ON POWER ON SWITCH . ENJOY

• billsey
    The XBox 360 power supplies (and there are several, since each flavor has a different one. They are rated 120W, 135W, 150W, 175W and 203W) provides less power than the stock 300W supply on an XC-1660G. So that suggestion is not only a nasty hack, it wouldn't get you up to as good as you have already.