Microphone not working! Acer Nitro 5 headset - and laptop: ACER NITRO AN515-55-735V

NDavid00
NDavid00 Member Posts: 3 New User
I plugged in the headphones I received and it recognizes the microphone on the base laptop. The laptop does not detect the headset microphone.

Best Answer

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hey @NDavid00
    Please go to system settings, sound, and check for input, and see if the headset is set as the input device, and that would help you to understand what's going on. Test your microphone to see if that shows any sensitivity. You can go tried loading default BIOS settings on the computer and check if that works. It is simple, simply hold F2 while you're turning on the computer to get to the BIOS, then tap F9 > ENTER > F10 > ENTER. then go to Device manager, go to Sound, video and game controllers> Realtek Audio > rightclick and uninstall device > Uninstall. Restart the unit, and try checking for sensitivity on test microphone page. 
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hey @NDavid00
    Please go to system settings, sound, and check for input, and see if the headset is set as the input device, and that would help you to understand what's going on. Test your microphone to see if that shows any sensitivity. You can go tried loading default BIOS settings on the computer and check if that works. It is simple, simply hold F2 while you're turning on the computer to get to the BIOS, then tap F9 > ENTER > F10 > ENTER. then go to Device manager, go to Sound, video and game controllers> Realtek Audio > rightclick and uninstall device > Uninstall. Restart the unit, and try checking for sensitivity on test microphone page. 
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • NDavid00
    edited September 2021
    Tachi13 said:
    Hey @NDavid00
    Hello!
    I tried the available and still it doesn't work. The laptop does not detect the microphone.
  • NDavid00
    Help please
  • Gialie
    Gialie Member Posts: 2 New User
    NDavid00 said:
    Help please
    Hi , I had the sampe problem and solved it by disinstalling the realtek driver , like explained above, and then going on Acer download center, I write my pc seriennumber and downloaded the driver from there.
  • Tapuck
    Tapuck Member Posts: 2 New User

Open Realtek Audio Console, click Device advanced settings, set ANALOG to be "Headset"