ACER ASPIRE A515 51G right side ports are not working (headphone jack and two 2.0 usb ports)

Rajashish
Rajashish Member Posts: 1 New User
Please Help
Right side of my laptop having 3.5mm headphone jack and two usb ports are not working completely.
It first started with the headphone jack and then after sometime two usb ports were also stopped working and after sometime touchpad's right click aslo stopped working.
Only the ports which are on left side of my laptop are having issues while the ports on right side are working fine.

I have done troubleshooting, updated the driver of usb both of them didn't worked.
Please guide me what should I do.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Sounds like cables to the USB board and headset jack need to  be reseated a few times on the mainboard to help clean their contacts. The bottom cover and battery must be removed to access the cables. You can first try a reset by shutting the laptop down, unplugging the charger. then inserting a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for 60 seconds. Then plug the charger back in and test. If no luck, then you'll have to try to reseat the cables.

Jack E/NJ