There are bubbles formation on the back side of my Acer Swift 5 laptop.

Options

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    Options
    From what I understand that user hasn't actually contacted Acer support. The bubbles are pretty obviously a poor choice in colorant on those models, but Acer has been very good about fixing it for those customers who have exhibited the issue. I don't know what that one user hasn't taken the step to contact Acer support to get theirs fixed...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good luck in getting a refund.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Options
    All they will do is replace it. We have had no reports here of problems with a replaced case, only with the originals.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options
    Your request for a refund should be made directly to Acer customer service in your country or region, not on these Acer user forums. Thus click on this link. Choose your country. Then click the support link near  the top of the country page for ways to formally request a refund. Good luck.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    >>>>I'm questioning why you are saying it as cosmetic issue in every thread>>>

Because the machines in every thread seem to work pretty well even though they don't look too pretty.  :)

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Options
    Yes, though I'm not an Acer employee. The units which show the issue have just bubbles on the paint. My guess is there is something outgassing from the plastic case after it was coated during the manufacturing process. It's not a structural issue affecting anything other than the esthetics in my opinion. My opinion seems to be born out by the users who have had the issue and went through the replacement of the case by Acer. We have yet to see even one customer have a recurrence here.
  • YSTey
    YSTey Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have same issue on the back cover, warp and some part start to crack. Initially bubble start to appear and I don't really bother. But after some time, it become like this. 

• JackE
    Options
    The warp looks more like heat damage to me.

Jack E/NJ

• YSTey
    YSTey Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I had sent my laptop to SC about 4 months after I bought it because of overheat issue. Unfortunately it doesn't help, can feel laptop very hot and I have to use external cooler fan to help release the heat. Now not dare to use it, still checking see whether they able to replace for me the back cover for free because my laptop warranty valid until last month. Quite disappointed about the product quality to be honest, hopefully they at least can change the back cover for me.
  • John84
    John84 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have the same issue too. What can I do?

Raise a complaint?

• JackE
    Options

If it's still under warranty, click this link, choose your country, click support link at top of country page. Enter machine's serial number id (SNID) and try to get the cover replaced. Otherwise, it's mainly a cosmetic issue that usually doesn't affect performance or use.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Options

If it's out of warranty contact Acer support anyway. They will sometimes help you out even if they aren't required to...

• John84
    John84 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Indeed, very disappointed with Acer product.

So many issues and yet they are not doing customer service like recall the affected batch.

• YASH24
    YASH24 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hey im having the same issue too. did you get it fixed or did you a buy a new laptop??

• Crosswind
    Crosswind Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am having the same issues with bubbles appearing beneath my laptop's surface. May I know if it is caused by heat or internal battery issues?

• billsey
    Options

No, it seems to be a problem with the colorant they used on some SKUs of that model. They are pretty good about replacing the affected cases for users experiencing the issue. It's purely cosmetic but best to get it fixed early so you don't end up waiting longer than they will support replacement...

• kayT
    kayT Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
This discussion has been closed.