There are bubbles formation on the back side of my Acer Swift 5 laptop.

Answers

• twsoo2000
    twsoo2000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Swift 5 even not up to one year is already having similar formation bubbles on the back side. This is Acer design related issue which need to fix it ASAP. I did sent to Acer service centre for new replacement of back side cover. After around two months same issue bubbles formation on new replacement cover. I'm very frustrated on it. My local computer seller not able to solve and request me to go back to Acer service centre. I don't know where I can complain this quality issue that is why I came here to express my frustrated.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    Send PM to Acer-Ingrid

Jack E/NJ

• willieN
    willieN Member Posts: 1 New User
    my swift 5 back cover started bubbles for about 6 month after purchase, now started peeling off. please advice whether this is under warranty?
  • JackE
    Click this link. Chose your country or region. Click support link near top of country page. Enter your serial number id (SNID) and ask an ACER representative via chatline or phone number provided.

Jack E/NJ

• gudeggan
    gudeggan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I'm facing the same issue. I want to pm @Acer-Ingrid but there's no way to. When I click on my inbox it just says I have no messages. Please help
  • JackE
    On the top right hand side of the inbox, there should be a green "New Message" button to allow you to send a PM to @Acer-Ingrid

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    You have to have posted at least once (which you have now done) before you can send private messages.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,273 Community Administrator
    Thank you JackE and billsey

Hello @gudeggan

I sent you a private message with some information, please reply at your convenience. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 
  • JackE
    It seems to be primarily a cosmetic issue.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Yes, cosmetic only, the paint they use to color the surface of the plastic is outgassing under the surface. Luckily they seem to be doing a reasonably good job with users who experience it...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    >>> I have requested for a full refund>>>

Good luck. Please let us know how you make out.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Cosmetic means it doesn't affect safety or performance.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Sorry, all laptops heat up when being used. Bubbles are still primarily cosmetic issues, not safety or performance. Bubblles often result from improperly placing laptop on soft surfaces, blanketing or clothing that can impede coolant airflow through the vents on the bottom.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Please let us know how you make out with your request to Acer customer service.

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.