I can't boot on my New ssd Nitro 5

Options
Snowiiboyy
Snowiiboyy Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2021 in Nitro Gaming
So I bought a new ssd I cloned the date from the old one and got it on the sdd (both of them are in der machine). I opened bios but I couldn't change any priority to my new ssd (there are just two windows booting manager/ so they don't say from which device it is (I tried both but the order didn't change. No I don't know what to do..... 

Kind regards Snow ( Nitro 5 515 54/970 Evo Samsung 500 GB ssd)

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,454 Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    Options
    So I bought a new ssd I cloned the date from the old one and got it on the sdd (both of them are in der machine). I opened bios but I couldn't change any priority to my new ssd (there are just two windows booting manager/ so they don't say from which device it is (I tried both but the order didn't change. No I don't know what to do..... 

You can't have both drives installed after a clone, take your old hard drive that you have cloned from out and only boot your laptop with your new SSD, don't boot your new SSD with both drives installed, as that is why it doesn't work. After I would always do a periodic system backup with Macrium Reflect v7 software and would also use their "Adding a Boot Menu option for system Image recovery". 
  • Snowiiboyy
    Snowiiboyy Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    StevenGen said:

You can't have both drives installed after a clone, take your old hard drive that you have cloned from out and only boot your laptop with your new SSD, don't boot your new SSD with both drives installed, as that is why it doesn't work. After I would always do a periodic system backup with Macrium Reflect v7 software and would also use their "Adding a Boot Menu option for system Image recovery". 

Ohh okii i didnt know about that, but after I take the old ssd out of the system and I boot on the new one is it possible to delete all of the date from the old ssd and use it as intended/having 475 gb of free storage. (or could I just swoop the place older of the ssds and then boot it ?)