Laptop will no longer hold a charge and I'm looking for help. Aspire E5-575T-52XC

StoneB
StoneB Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I've got an Aspire E5-575T-52XC. I haven't been able to get it to charge enough to turn on or even hold a charge in months. 

I've recently picked up a new charger for it, and the orange charging light comes on, however it does not boot up. Am I going to need a new battery or a new laptop?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Unplug the charger, Make sure the machine completely off by pressing and holding the power button till no LEDs whatsover are lit. Press a paper clip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for about 60 seconds. Then plug the charger back in but wait till the battery charge LED changes from steady orange to steady blue. This may take 8-12 hours.

If the charge LED stays steady orange the internal battery pack will probably need to be changed. Turn the machine on plugged. Open Device Manager and click batteries folder. Right click on and uninstall every driver you find in this folder. Then exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything and shut down Windows normally. Then turn it back on again plugged in. Let Windows boot. If the battery charge LED stays steady orange even after shutting down and waiting again for 8-12 hours, the battery pack needs to be changed. New battery packs are abouty$30 and require removing the bottom cover to replace.

Jack E/NJ