Aspire V7 (482pg-5861) - shutting down randomly

Jamestpc
Jamestpc Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
hi,
I have an older aspire v7 and am at a loss.

The other day i was working on it through some zoom meetings and it would randomly shut itself down.  Literally, working and then receive the message "windows is shutting down".

Happens after a few mins of working.

Also, laptop will not remain on when you unplug it. IE if you are working right now, powered up and watching a vid or something, then unplug the cord, the unit will power off (just blacks out).

Only thing i've changed is a memory card and the HDD to an SSD.  Was working fine for a few weeks without issue.

At a loss, any input would be appreciated...

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hello!!

@Jamestpc, From the info shared it is clear that battery is NOT holding charge and laptop goes off immediately after unplugging the charger. The battery need to be replaced in your laptop. You can contact Acer Technical Support in your region to know repair options. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    Jamestpc said:
    hi,
    I have an older aspire v7 and am at a loss.

The other day i was working on it through some zoom meetings and it would randomly shut itself down.  Literally, working and then receive the message "windows is shutting down".

Happens after a few mins of working.

Also, laptop will not remain on when you unplug it. IE if you are working right now, powered up and watching a vid or something, then unplug the cord, the unit will power off (just blacks out).

Only thing i've changed is a memory card and the HDD to an SSD.  Was working fine for a few weeks without issue.

At a loss, any input would be appreciated...

Check your adaptor, battery or even the DC-IN CABLE and its plug (on the side of the laptop) that your adaptor plugs into as that could not be making contact and/or charging the battery? The V7-482PG is an 8 year old laptop and if you still have the OEM adaptor and battery then you should check all these components first and see if they are 100%? IMO its most likely the battery that is on its way out. Btw I have an older laptop than yours and its an Aspire V3-571G that I use as a secondary laptop and it still works 100% and just bulletproof but and due to wear and tear I've had to change its battery, adaptor and even its DC-IN cable (so I know from experience) and I've also done the upgrades that you have done and this laptop works perfectly with Win-10. Anyway, here are the OEM parts that you should look at and see if they are working 100%? So check those out and replace them accordingly, good luck and hope this helps you out.