light comes on but nothing else is working - Predator G3-710

Options
DgamerBeck
DgamerBeck Member Posts: 5 New User
edited September 2021 in Predator Desktops
When I start the computer the light comes on but nothing else is working, no fan, no HDD, I'm thinking Power Supply?

//Edited the content to add model name.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK< so we know the power button itself works, as does the power enable circuits on the motherboard. Next step is to test the PSU itself. Your model comes with a standard ATX style PSU. It has a 24pin connector as the main connection between the PSU and MB. Here's a document that describes the test: https://www.silverstonetek.com/downloads/QA/PSU/PSU-Paper Clip-EN.pdf

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Options
    Could be the PSU, does it's fan spin? There's a pair of pins on the power connector you can jump to force the PSU on, with it disconnect from the MB and those pins jumped does the PSU come up? If the PSU checks out on it's own then the next step is to look into the MB function. Does the CPU fan try to spin? Do you get any beeps?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DgamerBeck
    Options
    No lights on motherboard and no Fans are working, no beeps nothing just the light in front of computer comes on
  • billsey
    Options
    The light on the front is off and turns on when you press the power button, or the light is on all the time?
  • DgamerBeck
    Options
    the light turns on when I press it and if I hold it, it turns off as intended to do

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK< so we know the power button itself works, as does the power enable circuits on the motherboard. Next step is to test the PSU itself. Your model comes with a standard ATX style PSU. It has a 24pin connector as the main connection between the PSU and MB. Here's a document that describes the test: https://www.silverstonetek.com/downloads/QA/PSU/PSU-Paper Clip-EN.pdf

• DgamerBeck
    edited November 2021
    Options
    sorry about delay I was away, did the test and the fan is not turning, so will take it I need a new power supply, how do I know which one to buy? I know its a 500w but would it be possible to buy a 750w?
    Thanks
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @DgamerBeck,

Can you able to get the BIOS screen.
  • DgamerBeck
    Options
    no, computer can't start
  • billsey
    Options
    Yes, you can put in whatever ATX PSU you wish, as long as it's at least as big as the stock one. You can just drop a 750W in using the same connectors as the original one used.