compatible m.2 ssd for acer aspire E5-475-35CL

Options
alwaysasking
alwaysasking Member Posts: 2 New User
hey guys, i wanna upgrade the boot time of my laptop because i have school and its really a big hassle on my part because the boot time would go around for 15 mins tops, please do recommend a workable m.2 also dont wanna lose the HDD storage.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    You can use ADATA XPG8200 or a Samsung 970 Evo in your model, you can migrate the HDD contents using Macrium reflect free program and use the SSD as your boot drive, keep the HDD for additional storage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UmfiROczvw
  • alwaysasking
    alwaysasking Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi,
    You can use ADATA XPG8200 or a Samsung 970 Evo in your model, you can migrate the HDD contents using Macrium reflect free program and use the SSD as your boot drive, keep the HDD for additional storage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UmfiROczvw

mine does'nt have the m.2 stand will it still work or do i need to buy a the m.2 stand?
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @alwaysasking

I fear that your laptop has no M.2 slot, as it is using 6th Intel CPU. By that era probably people can only use mSATA type of drive other than spinning HDD.

Anyway, changing a mechanical HDD to a 2.5" SATA3 HDD will bring new life to your PC. Probably will bring the bootup time to less than one minute.

Use an external adapter to clone your mechanical HDD to the new SSD as @brummyfan2 suggested and then replace old drive with the new SSD, and you will be happy. Or, you can use the Create System Image method to store image to an external drive and then restore the image to the new SSD.

Don't forget getting to BIOS, hit F9( load optimize defaults) and F10 ( save and exit) before your first SSD boot.
  • StevenGen
    Options
    hey guys, i wanna upgrade the boot time of my laptop because i have school and its really a big hassle on my part because the boot time would go around for 15 mins tops, please do recommend a workable m.2 also dont wanna lose the HDD storage.

These are the Acer suggested M.2 drives for your laptop, these are a B&M end key type drive of like of the Samsung (which btw I use as they are the best quality and durability drives) which is the model number MZNLN512HCJH-000L1 that is a PM871 Series 512GB TLC SATA 6 Gbps Mainstream Endurance (AES-256) M.2 2280 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD). Note: capacities of these drives are only restricted by either the MBR formatting rules for Windows OS's which is a max of 2TB or the GUID Partition Table (GPT) formatting which is above 2TB capacities. 

Acer suggested M.2 drives

Samsung MZNLN512HCJH