Screen flickering issue aspire a515 54

ChamathD
ChamathD Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
i have a aspire a515 54 laptop it started flickering suddenly few days after i updated windows........anyone know how to fix it?i tried every option in the youtube and internet no luck yet.it flicked for  day and a half and stopped then after 2 days it started to flickering again ;(

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• ChamathD

Tinkerer

i tried to take a few screenshots to show you guys but it not showing any flickering in screenshots :/
  • Does the display blink in the bios too?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ChamathD

Tinkerer

• Is your laptop still under warranty? Have you checked the edp cable?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ChamathD

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho yep still under warranty but we are in a lockdown :'( and nope i dont know what is edp cable sry
  • In which country do you live? Still in lockdown because of the pandemic? About the problem, is it noticeable in a video recording?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ChamathD

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho yea coz of covid..im from srilanka...umm i dont have any video recording app on my laptop.. :s its like my screen going up for few secs with duplicating the screen and i can see pink on the top and green on bottom
  • When you connect an external monitor to the hdmi port, does the problem still occur?

ඔබ බාහිර මොනිටරයක් ​​එච්ඩීඑම්අයි වරායට සම්බන්ධ කළ විට, ගැටළුව තවමත් සිදු වේද?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ChamathD

Tinkerer

edited September 2021
    @egydiocoelho idk man i dont have a external monitor.. :/ i will tell you tomorrow i think my friend have one...i will borrow it tomorrow and tell you thank you for try to help me
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi ChamathD,

Plz contact the service team

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/regional-partners
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @ChamathD

Since you said the problem happened after a Windows update, you can revert it to the time before the update by using the Restore Menu using Fn + Alt F10 when bootup. 

If the problem is gone, then you can rule out hardware problem.
  • ChamathD

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho sorry no one here i know have a monitor:(..and my lap worked without any problem for 2 days and started to flickering again before few hours :'(
  • I suggest you check the edp cable on the motherboard and display.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer