Aspire TC-895 power connector location/cable for PCI Express Card?

Options
Oltmb
Oltmb Member Posts: 1 New User
I want to install a PCI Express Card FireWire adapter and the manual states that the card needs power from a free 4 pin power connector. I cannot find such a free connector. I have seen these in other desktops freely available but not in this PC. How can I make a connection between the motherboard B46H5-AD and the rectangle 4 pin male connector on the PCI card? Is there a cable available?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,955 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The TC-895 has two dual SATA power headers on the motherboard. Each can provide enough power for two SATA devices, through an adapter cable (Acer part number 50.VQED3.001). From the SATA power connector that would normally go to a drive it'd pretty easy to find an adapter to the old four pin HDD connector. Depending on your configuration, you might already have a free connector, or might have to get one of the Acer cables and an adapter.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi @Oltmb

Upon searching regarding your query, I found that there are many 4 Pin & 8 Pin convertor connectors. Click here to view the website showing such converter & connectors. Hope this helps you. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,955 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The TC-895 has two dual SATA power headers on the motherboard. Each can provide enough power for two SATA devices, through an adapter cable (Acer part number 50.VQED3.001). From the SATA power connector that would normally go to a drive it'd pretty easy to find an adapter to the old four pin HDD connector. Depending on your configuration, you might already have a free connector, or might have to get one of the Acer cables and an adapter.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.