Revert Laptop Login Back to Acer Login (not Windows or Microsoft) Aspire VN7-791G

jimbowie03
jimbowie03 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
At some stage, without realising what I was doing, I changed my computer login from the original computer password to a 4 digit pin which I think, but I am not sure I did through some sort of Windows or Microsoft mechanism.  Is there a way to revert my laptop back to the original login password?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    If you head to the start bar and type windows hello, it should take you to them settings. You should be able to remove pin by clicking on the pin option
  • jimbowie03
    Windows Hello Pin seems to be turned off but Require Windows Hello sign In for Microsoft Accounts is on - should i toggle that off?
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @jimbowie03
    Could you please tell me modern name of unit 
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    If you toggel it off it should delete it, but im supprised its showing the windows hello as off 🤔
  • jimbowie03
    Hi @jimbowie03
    Could you please tell me modern name of unit 

Do you mean PC type/model- it is an Aspire VN7-791G
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    At the PIN prompt on the login screen there should be an option to login differently. Just choose to login with a password instead of a PIN.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.