Acer Nitro XV272U monitor is backlit but has no display

Options
ECK2335
ECK2335 Member Posts: 3 New User
I was gaming on my pc yesterday and took a break for about an hour.  When i came back my second monitor was working fine but my primary acer monitor was just showing a backlit black screen.

i have attempting changing the hdmi cables around, using a different power cord and making sure the monitor is being recognized by my pc (it is).  I have no idea what happened or if it is fixable, i bought the monitor a year and a half ago refurbished from Acer.

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @ECK2335
    Unplug the computer from the power ,and hold in the power button 20 seconds . Then when we plug it back in, the computer works again.
  • ECK2335
    Options
    I tried that but it didn’t fix the issues still just shows a backlit black screen unfortunately
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    When you first turn it on, do you see the Acer splash screen?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ECK2335
    Options
    No it doesn’t show the Acer logo just immediately goes to that backlit black screen when turned on.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi ECK2335,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• billsey
    Options
    Yes, if the splash screen doesn't display it's most likely hardware.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chores
    chores Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

hi im having the same issue but mine shows the acer logo for a bit then goes all black, does anyone know how to fix it?

• billsey
    Options

If the Acer logo appears we know it's not a hardware issue with the display. Since you have a different problem than the original poster on this thread, please use the Ask a Question button and start a new thread. Include the full model number (XV272U xxxxx), a description of your problem and what you have tried so far.