No Post but the power is on (E5-573-56VE)

KenKen
KenKen Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
The laptop was given to me by my sister since she and her husband doesn't use it anymore. After using it for 7 months it doesn't turn on anymore I mean the screen just stay black but the blue and orange light are lit up. I've done the instructions I seen on the internet but nothing works. Now after fiddling with laptop (replaced hard drive, switched the location of the ram sticks, removing and putting back the cables properly and carefully) I managed it to boot, at the Windows 10 loading screen it turned off not the power but the screen. I restarted it and the problem is there, again. 

I hope someone can help me, thanks 

Best Answer

• KenKen

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    I don't know what happened but it booted normally fine this morning. Anyways thanks for the support you guys gave to me

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    (1) Does the ACER logo appear on start up?
    (2) Does pressing FN+F6 toggle the screen on and off?
    (3) Does HDMI out to a TV set show a TV screen when FN+F5 is pressed?

Jack E/NJ

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @KenKen

ch​eck if there is a pin 📌hole at the bottom of the unit. Put a small pin inside and press and hold the pin for 30sec.  If there is no pin hole then press the power button for 12sec. Remember to remove your charger when you do that.

• KenKen

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    (1) Does the ACER logo appear on start up?
    (2) Does pressing FN+F6 toggle the screen on and off?
    (3) Does HDMI out to a TV set show a TV screen when FN+F5 is pressed?
    1. No

2. No

3. No
  • KenKen

Tinkerer

Hi @KenKen

ch​eck if there is a pin 📌hole at the bottom of the unit. Put a small pin inside and press and hold the pin for 30sec.  If there is no pin hole then press the power button for 12sec. Remember to remove your charger when you do that.

The thing is my battery is already dead, I use an AC adapter to make the laptop work. And no the pin hole still doesn't fix the problem
  • KenKen

Tinkerer

edited August 2021
    I've noticed that the fan doesn't automatically spin after I pressed the power button, it spins after 10s. I also observed that after plugging the AC adapter, the orange light blink once. I think the delay after plugging the AC adapter is 1 second, is that normal?.  
  • JackE
    Mainboard BIOS chip hardware often won't POST properly with a critically low battery  or no battery connected. Blinking power and charge LEDs are a primary symptom. You must first try to revive the battery by re-connecting it to the mainboard, plugging the charger in and waiting for the battery charge LED to turn a steady orange then to a steady blue before trying to turn the machine on. If the battery charge LED fails to light or constantly blinks after being on charge for a day or so, the battery pack must be replaced as is often the case when Lithium ion batteries are allowed to discharge below their critical charge state of less than about 5%. Google search keywords e5-575 & battery for vendors who ship to your location. New replacements are about $30usd.

Jack E/NJ

• KenKen

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Mainboard BIOS chip hardware often won't POST properly with a critically low battery  or no battery connected. Blinking power and charge LEDs are a primary symptom. You must first try to revive the battery by re-connecting it to the mainboard, plugging the charger in and waiting for the battery charge LED to turn a steady orange then to a steady blue before trying to turn the machine on. If the battery charge LED fails to light or constantly blinks after being on charge for a day or so, the battery pack must be replaced as is often the case when Lithium ion batteries are allowed to discharge below their critical charge state of less than about 5%. Google search keywords e5-575 & battery for vendors who ship to your location. New replacements are about $30usd.
    If the battery is the problem then the laptop won't work in the first place. Speaking of BIOS, I've a suspicion that the problem is the BIOS chip. The usb port works fine, it delivers 5V and the DVD also works, it ejects the tray and after pushing it back, the led on the DVD blinks. The only problem with the USB port is that my flash drive isn't detected by my laptop (my flash drive have a LED indicator).
  • JackE
    >>>If the battery is the problem then the laptop won't work in the first place. >>>

What do you mean? It's not working now. The BIOS can't reliably complete the power on self test (POST) of the basic input and output devices like the USB ports. This means it's not initializing the USB ports to even read a USB stick. 

Jack E/NJ

• KenKen

Tinkerer

edited August 2021
    JackE said:
    >>>If the battery is the problem then the laptop won't work in the first place. >>>

What do you mean? It's not working now. The BIOS can't reliably complete the power on self test (POST) of the basic input and output devices like the USB ports. This means it's not initializing the USB ports to even read a USB stick. 
    I mean even though the battery is dead, the laptop is still functional. Before the problem came, the laptop is still working I just use an AC adapter to make it work.
  • JackE
    You should remove the battery if you haven't done so already. its cells have likely short-circuited internally. This may have already damaged the mainboard's charge control circuits.

Jack E/NJ

• KenKen

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    I don't know what happened but it booted normally fine this morning. Anyways thanks for the support you guys gave to me