Reinstall Windows 10 Enterprise on Aspire TX-895, boot failure.

duncang
duncang Member Posts: 2 New User
Have installed Windows 10 Enterprise on SSD after loading driver during installation using a USB drive.  Installs without issue and will restart, but after power down and/or unplugging will not reboot.  Posts and gets to the Acer logo and then stops.  Have tried multiple installs, including adding a SATA SSD and a normal SATA hard drive.  Could install to both without issue, but same problem on boot after power down.  I've purchased 5 of these to use in the office and had the same issue with the first two; haven't opened the other three yet.  Any help appreciated.

Best Answer

• duncang
    Answer ✓
    Resolved the issue.  I was using an older LTSB image.  Once I updated to the latest LTSC image I was able to do a fresh install and everything worked properly.

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @duncang

How many Windows OS that you have installed to your TX-895? Have you changed BIOS boot priority to boot from this Enterprise version?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    That sounds like you have an issue with the installed image on the SSD. Are you suing the standard drive that came with the unit or a different drive with your image? I believe the standard one comes with W10 Home, so you'll need to activate the Enterprise version separately. When you imaged your version to the SSD did it also create the appropriate EFI partition? Is the drive set for GPT or MBR?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • duncang
    Answer ✓
    Resolved the issue.  I was using an older LTSB image.  Once I updated to the latest LTSC image I was able to do a fresh install and everything worked properly.