Acer Aspire 5 A515-44 Ryzen 5-4500u BIOS Stuck on "preparing automatic repair"

System
System Member Posts: 4,539 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Bios update.

Best Answer

• Ken1453
    Ken1453 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    I received laptop so acer replaced motherboard due to faulty BIOS chip.Thanks    

Answers

• Ken1453

Tinkerer

I'm pretty angry with ACER!!!Well done guys!You created alien machine so we can't even flash BIOS !!!
    Acer Aspire 5 A515-44 Ryzen 5-4500u BIOS Stuck on "preparing automatic repair" repetitive. I tried every solution but couldn't fix it.
    Remove battery,press button blah blah
    I tried to flash BIOS with USB stick but it doesn't even want to see USB stick which is only have BIOS file.When i tried to load fresh Windows 10,it's try to loading but after ACER logo it's going back to the windows loading screen repetitive.I tried every option on BIOS but didn't worked.Only fn+f2 and fn+f12 function key workig ( ALT+F10, SHIFT etc key doesn't function but all keyboard in working condition)
    There is no replacement BIOS chip or motherboard in market and I just found only few "similar" BIOS chip in AliExpress but not same just model number matching.I was thinking about BIOS update via bios programmer but i couldn't even covert acer bios.exe file to binary file.
    Any solution ?? 
  • @ken1453I suggest you create a new question. Now, first enable d2drecovery in the bios and then press alt+f10 before the acer logo.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ken1453

Tinkerer

i did but doesn't worked.I tried all option as i said and belive BIOS chip need to be replace.
  • Ken1453 said:
    i did but doesn't worked.I tried all option as i said and belive BIOS chip need to be replace.
    Does the acer logo appear? Can you access the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ken1453

Tinkerer

Yes, Acer logo appear I can access Bios and I'm able to change everything on Bios.
    I tried to load fresh Windows 10 in normal mode ( boot setup fn+f12 ) and i tried Rufus program as well but didn't work.
    I tried to update BIOS in normal way and with few program ( HXd +Rufus +Bios BIN File etc.) but none of them fix my problem.I belive, BIOS chip faulty and i already bought few program but didn't worked.Laptop still under guaranty so i will send to ACER for fix.
    Thanks for your help.  
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,366 Trailblazer
    The the issue isn't a BIOS problem. Don't mess with the BIOS until you have your Windows issues fixed. Show us pictures of your BIOS screens and tell us what happens with  a Windows install flash drive plugged in when you press F12 to get into the boot menu.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ken1453

Tinkerer

I waited a day for Windows automatic repair issues to be fixed but it didn't fixed.I tried different empty SSD ,I  tried with different SSD which is  already has fresh Windows 10 OS, i tried with external SSD but none of them worked.When laptop power on ,fan start running high speed even while CPU is cold and Windows automatic repair error appear on screen with all different SSD even with empty one ( NO Operation system on SSD) .I also tried with Windows 7 and 8 but same issue and couldn't fix it. ALT +f10 function doesn't work ( tried with external keyboard as well).I tried to update Windows with USB flash drive, when i chose windows 10 64 bit it's trying to load new windows but same option appears  on screen and never load OS repeatedly. 
  • billsey
    If you can get into the BIOS menu and everything seems to work there the issue is very, very unlikely to be in the BIOS. If you have Secure boot disabled in the BIOS and the F12 boot menu enabled, then power up with your Windows install flash drive plugged in while hitting the F12, do you get the boot menu? Does it list the flash drive as a boot source?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ken1453

Tinkerer

I tried all of that many times and it's still stuck on preparing automatic repair error. Yes, it does list list the flash drive as a boot source but it doesn't install Windows and returning same error which is always appear on screen.
    Please check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiFHhEqluCY,  looks like, i have same issue but i didn't install ubuntu. 
  • billsey
    edited August 2021
    That guy obviously is having issues with his UEFI. It's actually not unusual when some versions of Linux are installed, they replace the normal UEFI with a GRUB version and it disables the ability to boot from anything else. If you get to a Preparing automatic repair then you have not gotten into the boot menu. The F12 boot menu happens well before that, as does the BIOS menu. Automatic repair only kicks in after the system tries to load Windows.
  • Ken1453

Tinkerer

I had diffidently same issue with my old ASUS laptop and i reprogramed Bios chip with USB Bios programmer tool and it's worked but it's was easy to do with ASUS because it's easy to find replacement parts,programs etc.I couldn't even find Bios binary file for ACER ( if you need proof than please go to acer support page and download any Bios file for  Acer Aspire A515-44, extract file and search for bin file) I bought acer bin file for $9 but it didn't worked.Acer created laptops for alien and definitely not for us :)  Laptop still under Acer warranty so i sent it out for repair.I will let you know the result.Thanks for your time. 
  • Ken1453

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    I received laptop so acer replaced motherboard due to faulty BIOS chip.Thanks