windows 8.1 is not automatically activated add I cannot find product key sw5-012

Suhail1966
Suhail1966 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited August 2021 in Switch Series

Hello

I had some issues with my Acer aspire switch 10 sw5-012 notebook 32G C drive & 2G Ram came with preinstalled Win 8.1 32 bits, after so many attempts to repair I decided to format the C drive including the Acer OEM recovery drive then I created a bootable USB with Windows 8.1 image ISO file from Microsoft website, skipped the product key screen and completed installation successfully, now it is working fine. I thought new clean windows will get the product key from the Bios but did not. So I extracted the product key using CMD prompt & PowerShell (same product key numbers from both). I have entered the key to activate windows but I got "That key can't be used to activate this edition of Windows, Please try a different key"

I have noticed in the activation screen that Current product key:*****-D3VPT while the extracted key is:*****-682DV !!

Furthermore, in the Microsoft downloading page I may erroneously have selected 8.1 32 bit edition instead of 8.1 single language 32 bit edition which came with my device.

How can I correct this issue without reinstalling windows and starting all over againg?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    You will likely either have to reinstall using the correct Windows version that matches your license or do the Windows 10 upgrade using your built-in key.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • You can also find out the windows key using the PRODUCTKEY program!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)