ACER Predator XB241H Vertical Lines even In BIOS

Okiskyline
Okiskyline Member Posts: 2 New User
I have two ACER Predator XB241H Monitors and recently for no reason I get these very fine lines on the screens. One monitor only affected on one side...the other goes all the way across. Had the GPU tested and is working fine. I tried rolling back drivers but no help. This even shows up in BIOS. Thoughts?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Either the cable or the monitor itself, I'd lean toward cabling since that's the most common cause.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Okiskyline

This seemed to be bad connection of the video cable, not bad enough to give you no display. It happened to my desktop monitor before.
  • Okiskyline
    Okiskyline Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    Either the cable or the monitor itself, I'd lean toward cabling since that's the most common cause.
    Hello, thank you for your suggestion but what are the chances both cables went bad at the same time? Same thing for the monitors. They are both just over a year old. I disconnected all the wiring and reattached and still no change. Thoughts?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Okiskyline,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.
  • omahaprogrammer
    omahaprogrammer Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2022
    For anyone with this issue, I've had it with two monitors purchased from the same place a few months apart. I believe it is a defect in the monitor. In both situations, when I contacted Acer support they had me RMA the monitor to have warranty service. I'm in the process of returning my second monitor, but the first has been running well for about a year. Hopefully your monitor remains under that warranty.

I am able to confirm this is not an issue with the cable: I saw the lines appear on OSD UI, including the boot image and input selection labels, before plugging in any cables.
  • beanyb
    beanyb Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same issues. Monitor purchased June 2020. First RMA was after 1 year. Doing my second RMA now. Unfortunately looks like a manufacturing defect and we'll be SOL once the 3y warranty runs out. Same exact lines. The first repair diagnosis said "Replaced LCD screen panel and monitor tested good.".