Power Button not working..! - Aspire A715-42G

Options
Pro_S
Pro_S Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hey guys its my first post here, I bought Acer Aspire A715-42G on 3rd Aug and it works absolutely fine. However my power button does not seem to be working. I can turn on my Laptop by pressing the power button and it turns on but after turning on if I press the power button it does nothing. I have checked the settings and the Setting to do when power button is pressed is to Sleep, I tried changing it to Shut down and tried again but nothing changed. I changed it again to Sleep but nothing changed. 

​//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,623 Trailblazer
    Options
    Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Shut down Windows normally. Turn it back on.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Pro_S,

Try to setting different option on it How to Customize What the Power Button Does on Windows 10,

How to Customize What the Power Button Does on Windows 10
  • Pro_S
    Options
    JackE said:
    Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Shut down Windows normally. Turn it back on.

I did that too but no difference. Still I'll try again. 🙏
  • Pro_S
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi Pro_S,

Try to setting different option on it How to Customize What the Power Button Does on Windows 10,

How to Customize What the Power Button Does on Windows 10
    Done already bro. Thanks for your comment.
  • JackE
    Options
    Also press the power button a bit more firmly than normal when you're trying to put it to sleep.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Options
    Hi Pro_S,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

• Pro_S
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi Pro_S,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

I think I'll just let it go, coz my Lapy is just new and I think its not worth restoring to solve this little problem as it doesn't bothers me too much. Still thanks for your help. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Try pressing the power button a bit more firmly than normal when you're trying to put it to sleep.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options
    Pro_S said:
    Hey guys its my first post here, I bought Acer Aspire A715-42G on 3rd Aug and it works absolutely fine. However my power button does not seem to be working. I can turn on my Laptop by pressing the power button and it turns on but after turning on if I press the power button it does nothing. I have checked the settings and the Setting to do when power button is pressed is to Sleep, I tried changing it to Shut down and tried again but nothing changed. I changed it again to Sleep but nothing changed. 

The Power button should only be used to turn on the laptop and all other power, sleep etc functions should be done through the OS. As your "Power button" functions are for and intended to "Turns the computer on and off"

• Easwar
    Options
    Hi Pro_S,

Is there any update. 

• Callistemon
    Callistemon Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    This model has the power button on the keyboard and therefore it is probably intended for it to not work. I have one of these, and the power button can only turn on or shut down improperly by holding down for 6 seconds (which will corrupt the SSD). Regular shutdowns must be performed through software.
  • Pro_S
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi Pro_S,

Is there any update. 

Nah bro, I think i'll just let it be as it is. coz its not causing any problem.
  • Pro_S
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Pro_S said:

The Power button should only be used to turn on the laptop and all other power, sleep etc functions should be done through the OS. As your "Power button" functions are for and intended to "Turns the computer on and off"

OK thanks for the help bro.