Did Acer ever make a 7" tablet ACTAB721?

Options
SassyGassyLassie
SassyGassyLassie Member Posts: 5 New User
I bought one, and it's rubbish.  I've tried to return it but have been told that I cannot as "not liking the product" isn't a good enough excuse to return it.

The screen is pixelated, and the colour balance is off, it's actually giving me a headache looking at it.

I've been searching the model number and aside from the shop that I purchased from, cannot find it listed anywhere.  Searching on the Acer site shows no results.

I've had several Acer products over the years and I've never had a problem with them, so it seems odd that there's a tablet with their name on it that's as bad as this!

T.I.A.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't believe they've ever shipped that product as an Acer tablet. They may have done a custom version for a specific vendor though. What vendor sold it? Do they not provide support?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I bought one, and it's rubbish.  I've tried to return it but have been told that I cannot as "not liking the product" isn't a good enough excuse to return it.

The screen is pixelated, and the colour balance is off, it's actually giving me a headache looking at it.

I've been searching the model number and aside from the shop that I purchased from, cannot find it listed anywhere.  Searching on the Acer site shows no results.

I've had several Acer products over the years and I've never had a problem with them, so it seems odd that there's a tablet with their name on it that's as bad as this!

T.I.A.

Yes Acer has this ACTAB721 7" tablet, here is its Instruction Manual "Manual - Acer ACTAB721 Tablet" as for the drivers section? You might be out of luck (but ask Acer anyway?) as Acer does not keep their tablets up to date with Android updates and I don't think that Acer would have any updates to such a new Android OS like the Android 10 which this 7" tablet comes with.

I would suggest that you read the manual and set this tablet up accordingly first, as I don't think by looking at the specs and its display specs of "7” (600 x 1024) IPS panel with 5 points multitouch" that its as bad a you make it out to be as it needs to be setup properly.

• SassyGassyLassie
    Options
    billsey said:
    I don't believe they've ever shipped that product as an Acer tablet. They may have done a custom version for a specific vendor though. What vendor sold it? Do they not provide support?
    The vendor said "not liking it isn't a refundable issue" or words to that effect.
  • SassyGassyLassie
    Options

I've done a reset to factory default and the screen is still pixelating, and the colour balance is still off.

Any more ideas?

T.I.A.
  • SassyGassyLassie
    Options

Yes Acer has this ACTAB721 7" tablet, here is its Instruction Manual "Manual - Acer ACTAB721 Tablet" as for the drivers section? You might be out of luck (but ask Acer anyway?) as Acer does not keep their tablets up to date with Android updates and I don't think that Acer would have any updates to such a new Android OS like the Android 10 which this 7" tablet comes with.

I would suggest that you read the manual and set this tablet up accordingly first, as I don't think by looking at the specs and its display specs of "7” (600 x 1024) IPS panel with 5 points multitouch" that its as bad a you make it out to be as it needs to be setup properly.

Shockingly enough, I have read the manual.  The tablet set itself up when I turned it on.  
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Ask for a refund due to "screen is pixelating" not due to "I don't like it".
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SassyGassyLassie
    Options
    billsey said:
    Ask for a refund due to "screen is pixelating" not due to "I don't like it".

They've closed my support ticket as "answered", even though I explained to three different people what the problem was.