Acer aspire a315-41 won't start up

CH3MIKALI
CH3MIKALI Member Posts: 2 New User
I have a 2,5 year old Acer aspire a315-41 which doesn't start up fully anymore.
I can hear it starting up and the system led turns blue, but after 7 seconds it switches off again. The switching off lasts 3 seconds and after that it turns on again for another 7 seconds. This cycle keeps repeating indefinitely. The laptop was working fine till 5 minutes before, when I moved it to another location and tried to get it out of sleep mode. The laptop didn't fall. After this I decided to go to sleep and look into it the next day.

The same problem persisted the next day when I tried to turn it on. The screen stays black the entire time in the cycle of turning on and turning off again.
I have tried resetting the battery with the little pinhole and leaving the battery charged until the led switched to blue. My roommate also checked the inside of the laptop to see if any connections might have gotten loose, but found nothing.
I kinda have the idea that it is stuck somewhere in a loop while starting up and failing, but I don't know if this could be hardware or software related. In the case of software issue might it be possible to do a hard reset while there is no working screen?

Getting the laptop to a repair shop might not be a option for at least a week since I'm quarantined at this moment. With not a lot to do besides my laptop I'm getting fairly desperate for a solution.

If anyone might have a solution or a understanding why this is happening I would very much appreciate to hear from you.
Also if you have any questions to better understand the problem do not hesitate to ask me.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Turn laptop off by pressing and holding power button. Remove charger. Re-insert paperclip again in reset pinhole again for 60 seconds while at the same time pressing and holding the power button. Then plug charger back in and wait for steady blue charge LED. Turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY start tapping the F2 key. The BIOS menu should appear. Press F9 to load BIOS defaults. Then press F10 to save default settings and exit the BIOS menu. The laptop should now boot normally.

Jack E/NJ

• CH3MIKALI
    CH3MIKALI Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Turn laptop off by pressing and holding power button. Remove charger. Re-insert paperclip again in reset pinhole again for 60 seconds while at the same time pressing and holding the power button. Then plug charger back in and wait for steady blue charge LED. Turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY start tapping the F2 key. The BIOS menu should appear. Press F9 to load BIOS defaults. Then press F10 to save default settings and exit the BIOS menu. The laptop should now boot normally.
    I've tried this again, but my screen stays black unfortunately. The same cycle keeps repeating. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Are pressing the paperclip hard enough in the pinhole? Are you waiting for the battery charge LED to turn steady blue?  It might be best to remove  bottom cover and disconnect battery from mainboard for a few hours to make sure it's completely discharged.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi CH3MIKALI,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.