My ACER A315-53 laptop switches on until I press any key other then power key

aljan
aljan Member Posts: 2 New User
I had this problem with my ACER Laptop, when i turn it ON, after a second it suddenly turns off. It only keeps my laptop ON if I press any key simultaneously after pressing the power button.  But if I stop pressing any key, it turns OFF. Their is also this strange case when if the Charger is plugged-in, the Charge LED blinks. I have tried all the solutions found in this site, but nothing happens. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    First try disconnecting the charger. Then insert a paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in and wait for the battery charge LED to stop blinking and turn steady orange. When the steady orange turns to steady blue, then try to turn it on again normally.

If it still doesn't work, there is a safety interlock switch located near the RAM module socket that cuts power to the mainboard if the base cover is not on tight enough or misaligned. If the machine is still under warranty, you should arrange for warranty repair. If no longer under warranty, the bottom cover should be removed and a spacer taped inside the cover so it presses harder against the switch to keep it on.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi aljan,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. ​