Predator X38 how to enable/disable Auto Brightness

Options
Aethalas
Aethalas Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in Predator Monitors

Hi guys,

I just had a quick question about the Auto Brightness feature on this monitor. I have tried several times to enable this, but it just makes my whole screen dark and doesn’t seem to adjust the brightness at all, even if I cover the sensor on the top with my finger. Is there something I’m missing here?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Aethalas,

1. Select action center on the right side of the taskbar, and then move the Brightness slider to adjust the brightness. (If the slider isn't there, see the Notes section below.)
    2. Only Some PCs can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.
  • Aethalas
    Options
    Hey @Easwar, thanks for the response!

I was under the impression the monitor had its own, built-in Auto Brightness. Are you saying that the sensor at the top of the monitor only adjusts brightness if Windows allows it to? I do not see any brightness slider's in the action center, or in the display settings. I thought these only showed up when using a laptop?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Which X38 model do you have? There should be a bunch of nonsense letters following the model series.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Aethalas
    Options
    @billsey the exact model is X38P. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Aethalas,

Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options, then click on "Change plan settings" next to your active power plan. Scroll down to Display, then under Enable adaptive brightness, switch it off for both the battery and plugged in modes.
  • Aethalas
    Options
    Hi @Easwar

These options don't appear in my Power Options. I'm using a desktop pc, not a laptop; there is no battery mode.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    X38P is only the first portion of the model number... It should be something like X38P PBMIPHZX (the first one I Looked at on the Acer US site).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.