Screen resolution is lower than what specs state Aspire A315-57G

adone56
adone56 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have a newly purchased Aspire A315-57G and according to the technical specs the screen resolution should be 1920x1080 however the maximum resolution the computer is able to display is actually only 1366x768 which really has me pretty ***** off because one of the reasons I bought the computer is because it worked in Full HD.
I would be grateful to anyone who can tell me how I can solve this problem

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    The A315-57G series is factory equipped with either the HD screen or the optional extra-cost FHD screen. The graphics adapter supports both screen types. Which screen type did you purchase?

Jack E/NJ

• adone56
    Thanks for your answer.
    How do I know which type of screen I have? I put the SNID of my PC and in the specs it says that the laptop is full hd. Moreover when I connect an external monitor capable of showing full HD it should allow me to choose 1920x1080 on the second screen right? Well no actually. It sticks with 1366x768.
    Can be a problem in the NVIDIA driver or a faulty graphics card?
  • JackE
    Do you have an ad or webpage link for the machine you purchased? As mentioned earlier, the nvdia graphic chip may be capable of FHD but the screen may not. Also the HDMI port is v1.4b is HD output, not FHD output. I think there may be some confusion as to whether you purchased a laptop with an HD screen or an optional FHD screen.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Sorry, that seems to be an updated device driver page. What I'm looking for is the vendor/seller that you actually purchase the machine from? Is the part no. NX.HZRAL.002 listed anywhere on a label affixed to the machine or the UPC label on the box in which it was originally packaged?

Jack E/NJ

• adone56
    edited August 2021
    I bought it over the counter in a physical store.

• JackE
    >>>I bought it over the counter in a physical store.>>>

This seems to be the A315-57g-55ua model. Some vendors apparently advertised it as an HD screen. Other vendors as an FHD screen. You must determine how the physical store advertised the laptop. If it was advertised and sold as an FHD screen but is actually HD screen, then you should request a refund before the vendor's returns policy period expires. Usually on a few weeks. 

Jack E/NJ

• adone56
    Thank you very much for your help. 
    I didn't actually see the laptop advertised anywhere, I just walked into the store and asked a salesman to show me the computers in stock. During the conversation he showed me the Acer and I asked him some questions and one of them might have been whether or not it had FHD but I couldn't say for sure. After he told me that the PC had all that memory, the fact that it was core i5 10th generation, the Envidia card with 2GB and blah blah blah blah, the least I could have imagined was that it was only HD. Honestly I was convinced that in the third decade of the 21st century the base resolution of any computer was full HD.
    I'll just have to roll with it and move on.
    However it bothers me greatly that having such a powerful Envidia graphics card I am not able to have 1920x1080 resolution on an external display.
  • JackE
    >>>when I connect an external monitor capable of showing full HD it should allow me to choose 1920x1080 on the second screen right? Well no actually. It sticks with 1366x768.>>>

You might find an FHD HDMI monitor that will display higher resolution since the HDMI port might be capable. Which external FHD monitor did you try? Did you toggle the lid screen off with FN+F5 key combo then try to set higher resolution on the external monitor?

Jack E/NJ

• adone56
    I have a Samsung monitor, here's the tag
    http://prntscr.com/1pweebm

Here's the monitor working with an HP Spectre notebook (Full HD)

http://prntscr.com/1pwb828

• JackE
    Should work. Did you toggle the lid screen off with FN+F5 key combo then try to set higher resolution on the Samsung?

Jack E/NJ

• adone56
    I really don't know what you mean by this phrase, could you be a little more specific?
    Perhaps this is due to a language barrier
  • JackE
    iIf you press the FN key + the F5 key at the same time, you can turn the laptop screen off and the external screen on. If you press FN+F5 again, you can turn the laptop screen  on and the external screen off. If you press FN+F5 yet again, you can turn both screens on at the same time.

So this repeated FN+F5 operation is called toggling. It repeatedly toggles through 3 different configurations as follows
    (1) Press FN+F5 once. Laptop screen off. External screen on
    (2) Press Fn+F5 twice. Laptop screen on. External screen off
    (3) Press FN+F5 three times. Laptop screen on. External screen on.

Jack E/NJ