Aspire A115-32 am looking DDR4 8GB RAM sticks and was wondering if anyone knew where to find them?

Options
X4Unknown
X4Unknown Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
I recently learned that my ACER Aspire A115-32 notebook supports a max of 16GB of DDR4 RAM and would like to upgrade it as I game and do audio and video production using ProTools and Adobe Audition but I have had a heck of a time trying to find a place to purchase this. If anyone can point out to me a place online where I can find them, I would be very grateful. Thank you very much!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Depending on your region amazon usually is the easiest place to get it, and as for which speed, if you run cpuz it will tell you what the speed of the ram is that is already installed to get the spec of sodium ram you need :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Actually the A115-32 models support up to 32GB of ram in the two expansion slots. DDR4 SODIMM 2933MHz. Make sure they aren't offering XMP specs on the memory speed, since XMP overclocking isn't supported. They ship with 4, 8 or 16GB installed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Shnick
    Shnick Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I just popped in 16 gb of DDR4-3200 ram into my A115-32 C28P, but it appears that the chip can only support a max speed of 2933 mhz. I have not yet tried 32 gb, but that's probably next. LOL

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello! This site may help: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A115-32/234907

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

That is correct, the chipset can only do 2933MHz.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.