I am trying to install windows but in my boot option it only shows " Windows boot manager " i hav

vivek123123vivek123123 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
I  am trying to install windows but in my boot option it only shows "  Windows boot manager "  i have tried putting a supervisor password then disabling secure boot but also it only has uefi mode it doesn't show legacy mode what to do now?

FAQ & Answers

• StevenGenStevenGen ACE Posts: 2,540 Pathfinder
    I  am trying to install windows but in my boot option it only shows "  Windows boot manager "  i have tried putting a supervisor password then disabling secure boot but also it only has uefi mode it doesn't show legacy mode what to do now?

What is your laptops or desktops model number? As in UEFI type BIOS the Boot Mode should be UEFI and Secure Mode should be (Enabled) and your Boot priority order: 1. Windows Boot Manager which is normal.

Just boot from the Windows Installation USB and go through the installation process and install windows that way, as the windows installation process will install windows-10 onto your "1. Windows Boot Manager" drive. Btw, this is the UEFI Boot section from BIOS from a fully and 100% working laptop with Windows-10 Pro latest version 21H1 OS build: 19043.1165 which I believe is the latest as at 15 August 2021.

• EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 4,745
    Hi vivek123123,

May I know the full model name of your unit.