XB273 Black Flicker on DisplayPort

Options
Horns
Horns Member Posts: 7 New User
I own an XB273K (Sbmiprzx) that intermittently flickers black (as though the screen is off) for a couple of seconds when connected via DisplayPort. This can happen often and several times consecutively, making it impossible to game at times. This happens regardless of whether G-Sync is turned on. The same usage (albeit limited to 60 Hz and 'G-Sync capable') via HDMI produces no such black flicker. This has happened continually over the six months or so I've owned the monitor, I had figured it was a driver, cable or GPU issue that would be resolved naturally when those things were changed, but having done several complete display driver removals and clean installs, having replaced the cable with a DisplayPort 1.4 cable and replaced my graphics card the problem persists.

Does anyone have any ideas how this could be solved, or at least further isolated to the DisplayPort connection? I'd really appreciate any help.

I saw instructions given to others to get a monitor to run a self test but either I've misunderstood or I'm doing it wrong. I thought it was:

1. Power off the system
2. Disconnect all cables (Disconnect power or not? I tried step 3 first not disconnecting the power cable, and when it didn't seem to work I tried again and disconnected it)
3. Hold power button 30 seconds
4. Power on the unit (obviously you connect the power now, how about the other cables?)

If anyone can clarify that for me I'd appreciate it too.

Best Answer

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Horns,

Does that display port cable comes along with the unit or you purchased it separately.
  • Horns
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi Horns,

Does that display port cable comes along with the unit or you purchased it separately.
    Hi Easwar, thanks for answering. The problem occurs with both the cable that came with the unit and another DP1.4 cable that I purchased separately. It's not VESA certified because I couldn't find one that was anywhere near me. I have ordered one via Amazon but I guess a third cable (edit: that claims to be DP1.4 compliant) isn't likely to give a better outcome than the previous two, yeah?
  • Horns
    Options
    Hi Easwar, thanks for answering. The problem occurs with both the cable that came with the unit and another cable I bought separately. The one I bought doesn't appear to be VESA certified, but it does claim that it meets all DP1.4 specs. There were no VESA certified cables available locally so I ordered one via Amazon but that's a week away if it gets here at all, and I'm guessing a third cable isn't likely to give me a different outcome than the first two yeah?
  • Horns
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi Horns,

Hi Easwar, thanks for answering. The problem occurs with both the cable that came with the unit and another DP1.4 cable that I purchased separately. It's not VESA certified because I couldn't find one that was anywhere near me. I have ordered one via Amazon but that won't get here for a week and I guess a third cable isn't likely to give a better outcome than the previous two yeah?
  • Horns
    Options
    Hi Easwar, thanks for answering. The problem occurs with both the cable that came with the unit and another cable I bought separately. The one I bought doesn't appear to be VESA certified, but it does claim that it meets all DP1.4 specs. There were no VESA certified cables available locally so I ordered one via Amazon but that's a week away if it gets here at all, and I'm guessing a third cable isn't likely to give me a different outcome than the first two yeah?
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi Horns,

It's looks like issue with the port. Check with the last cable you ordered and update us.
  • Horns
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi Horns,

It's looks like issue with the port. Check with the last cable you ordered and update us.
    Hi Easwar. If I understand correctly you're asking me to wait until the third cable gets here? It won't be here for at least a week, it hasn't shipped yet and COVID has impacted delivery times here in Australia...

If the problem is the port, what would the next step be?
  • Easwar
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • Horns
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Thanks Easwar, I'll do that. I guess I should link to this thread?