Windows 11 Widget Aspire 5

Options
davedye69
davedye69 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Windows 11
I'm on Windows 11 using an Aspire 5 machine.  If I click the Widget Box on the taskbar, nothing happens, it doesn't open.  No one has been able to fix it for me.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi davedye69,

Make Sure the Widgets are Turned ON.
    Usually, the widgets button is not enabled by default, and you will need to enable it manually in order to view the widgets option in the taskbar. Right-click on the taskbar, and then click on the taskbar settings.
  • davedye69

Tinkerer

Options
    Appreciate your suggestion, however, it is turned on.  I've had Geek Squad look at it and others, no one has figured it out yet.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Try each of the 5 minitool suggestions at this link. If it still doesn't open, it probably eventually will fix itself with a future Win11 update. Be patient. Like Win10, Win11 is still a work in progress.

Jack E/NJ

• davedye69

Tinkerer

Options
    Appreciate the suggestion JackE, have tried all of those to no avail.  Thanks again.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>. Be patient.>>>

Don't hold your breath though.  :)

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi davedye69,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25

4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.

• davedye69

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks, I already did this, it didn't work.
  • davedye69

Tinkerer

Options
    It's me again, I'm thinking it is a setting somewhere that resetting isn't the computer does not change.  For me, widgets not mean carp to me, however, it should work.  Thanks
  • JackE
    Options
    It probably will work someday. Still don't hold your breath. Your  laptop is only certified to work correctly with the original ACER OEM Win10 version it shipped with. It should work correctly with subsequent Win10 updates. It also should work correctly with Win11 if it was able to be installed in the first place.  The keyword of course is should.  :)

Jack E/NJ