Does my Acer (A715-71G-52XX) supports PCIe NVMe M2 cards?

fromdarkplace
fromdarkplace Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I tried looking for this model specs but couldn't find any matching model results. Does this model support only SATA 3 or NVMe also? and also does this model has an extra slot for ssd?

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,062 Pathfinder
    Your model supports both SATA and PCIe M.2 SSD. It only has 1 slot.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,364 Trailblazer
    It's worth noting that the NVMe support is for both x2 and x4 devices.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • joeljustin
    joeljustin Member Posts: 4 New User
    According to your model number, your Laptops appears to be running a 7th Gen Intel i5. I don't think using an NVMe SSD will be beneficial in that case since the PCIe lanes may not be fast enough to take advantage of the additional speed of NVMe SSD. My suggestion would be to simply use a SATA M.2 SSD.
  • joeljustin
    joeljustin Member Posts: 4 New User
    Edit: I just realised that SATA M.2 Port may not be compatible with NVMe Port. See the attached picture. According to this, an NVMe SSD Slot can accommodate M.2 SSD as backwards compatibility, but a regular M.2 SATA SSD Slot cannot accommodate an NVMe SSD since the connector is slightly different.
  • @fromdarkplace

Kindly go through the details given below.   The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website  given below .  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .   Please chose the options and try it.   It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★