SSD Compatibility - Aspire e14 e5-475G-380U

kathiglesias
kathiglesias Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Good day! I'm a newbie in here. I have been using this laptop for almost 4 years now and I am wondering whether I can incorporate a SSD on my Aspire e14 e5-475G-380U without removing my HDD? If so, is it SATA or NVMe?

Thank you for answering my question! :)

​//Edited the content to add model name.

Best Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi kathiglesias,

Yes you can install a M. 2 NVMe SSD, crucial advertises 1TB M
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Due to mainboard bus limitations between the cpu and m.2 socket, an NVME card will only run about half of its full speed potential or about twice m.2 SATA3 speeds. Except for a few apps that might intensively read/write large amounts of uncached data to the card, most users probably won't notice much difference between an m.2 SATA3 card and and m.2 NVME card except for the price/capacity.  

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi kathiglesias,

Yes you can install a M. 2 NVMe SSD, crucial advertises 1TB M
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Due to mainboard bus limitations between the cpu and m.2 socket, an NVME card will only run about half of its full speed potential or about twice m.2 SATA3 speeds. Except for a few apps that might intensively read/write large amounts of uncached data to the card, most users probably won't notice much difference between an m.2 SATA3 card and and m.2 NVME card except for the price/capacity.  

Jack E/NJ