The Serial Number is not valid - Acer5742

satishgem05
satishgem05 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi i have a Acer5742 laptop.I wanted to register my device. However, your website doesn't seem to accept the serial number and SNID NUMBER. 

​//Edited the content to add model name

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Sorry. It's warranty period expired long ago. So the serial number id can't be registered for warranty service anymore.

Jack E/NJ

• satishgem05
    satishgem05 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks Jack for your reply.So in that case how can i update my drivers.
  • JackE
    The ACER Travelmate 5742 drivers are at this link.

The ACER Aspire 5742 are at this link.

If you have Win10 installed, most of these device drivers would have to be installed in either Win7 or Win8 compatibility mode if Device Manager shows any red or yellow warnings. If they fail to resolve any driver issues, then downloading and installing DriverBooster freeware may be able to pick up suitable drivers on line.

If Device Manager shows no red or yellow warnings, and everything seems to be working OK, driver updates are NOT recommended.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi satishgem05,

If you wish you can contact acer support to reg the system,

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/
  • JackE
    >>>how can i update my drivers. >>>

he ACER Travelmate 5742 drivers are at this link.

The ACER Aspire 5742 are at this link.

If you have Win10 installed, most of these device drivers would have to be installed in either Win7 or Win8 compatibility mode if Device Manager shows any red or yellow warnings. If they fail to resolve any driver issues, then downloading and installing DriverBooster freeware may be able to pick up suitable drivers on line.

If Device Manager shows no red or yellow warnings, and everything seems to be working OK, driver updates are NOT recommended.

Jack E/NJ