Nitro XV282K Power On Sequence

wpapes30
wpapes30 Member Posts: 2 New User
I keep running into this annoying problem with my new monitor. I have a PS5 connected via HDMI 2.1 compatible cable, plugged into the HDMI 2 1 slot. I have the "Quick Power On" option selected on the monitor, as well as the "Auto-Source" option. However, each time I power on the monitor and PS5, it seems that the monitor isn't recognizing the PS5 is connected via HDMI. It takes a very long time to recognize it and display the PS5 home screen, and most times I have to disconnect the HDMI cable and reconnect it to force the monitor to recognize the input source. Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on? I've looked around for answers and haven't really found any. Any help is appreciated! Cheers!

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    @wpapes30

Kindly follow the details below

1. Reset the settings on monitor and check
    2. Try to use an alternative hdmi cable and check. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• wpapes30
    wpapes30 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I reset all the settings, and when I changed the "HDMI 2.1" setting to "On," the screen went black like it does during the startup problem I mentioned above. I connected a different HDMI 2.1 cable to my PS5 and monitor, but had no luck getting the display to come on like it should.
  • marcodj
    marcodj Member Posts: 4 New User
    Download the new firmware. This contains the instructions for the update.

After that, the XV282 works perfectly with the PS5 also in 4K / 120hz

• Freeze333
    Freeze333 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have the same problem with the same monitor model. And I have tried everything exept «downloading new update» to the monitor which I know nothing about. Im not even using the monitor for a pc. I use it for my Ps5. 

Anyways, what should I do? Any new information? 
    Only thing that is solving the problem, is when I unplug and plug the hdmi2.1 cabel, then the monitor will read the connection in about 2second. I dont actually mind doing this, but Im planning for using this monitor for atleast 4 years, so there should be a chance,  where I can damage the hdmi ports by unplugging and plugging 500 times per year. 
    So annoying, that this highend monitor, have hdmi reading problems. Hopefully somebody knows an answer that actually fixes this, so I dont have to send the product for repair. Smh
  • marcodj
    marcodj Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited October 2021
    Why don't you just do the firmware update???

I already wrote that afterwards the problems with the PS5 are solved.

I do not understand. The solution is already there
  • Paarth
    Paarth Member Posts: 1 New User
    marcodj said:
    Why don't you just do the firmware update???

I already wrote that afterwards the problems with the PS5 are solved.

I do not understand. The solution is already there
    I only have a macbook so how do I update my monitor. I have the exact same problems.