Aser aspire 3 getting slow A315-42-R5MF

Shaunbiju
Shaunbiju Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
Hello! My aser aspire 3 is getting slower A315-42-R5MF i only use my computer on weekends and on last weekend the computer was running perfectly fine like new i bought my computer on 2020 April so its not that old and there is still 130 gb left out of 230 gb so idk whats rong with it any way to make it faster? I updated the windows and everything i could buy a 2tb hard disk if that fix the problem idk yet thank you!

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Shaunbiju

1) How many GB RAM that your laptop has? If the PC hitting the RAM limit, it will be very slow. 
        Check the memory tab of Win 10 Task Manager to monitor memory usage.

2) Are you still using old style spinning HDD? If so, it will be slow for sure.

3) From the Win 10 Task Manager Startup tab, check how many startup process there and disable unneeded process.

4) Are you using third party anti-virus software other than Win 10 Defender? If you have that, it will slow down everything.
  • ttttt
    @Shaunbiju

By the way, when you say it is slow, is it slow in general or just slow when internet surfing?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    >>>last weekend the computer was running perfectly fine like new>>>

Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date stamp from last weekend or shortly thereafter?

Jack E/NJ

• @Shaunbiju

Here are some of the steps to speed up your computer.  

Try windows + r -  on the run window - type msconfig  - click ok  
    click on services
    check - hide all microsoft services 
    click on disable all
    click on startup  - click on open Task Manager
    disable all the startup items 
    click on apply - ok  - restart the computer.     Loading process will be very fast now.. 

Note: You can always enable the services and startup items whichever you want later.    Please dont forget to check the box hide all microsoft services.

Try windows + r - on the run window - type appwiz.cpl  - click ok  
    it will show you the list of programs
    remove all the unwanted third party programs. 
    Please don’t remove any drivers.  
    If you are not sure , please don’t remove it.    If antivirus is the cause of the issue you can always remove it from here..  

Try windows + r - on the run window type temp - click ok -  it will show you the bunch of files -  try ctrl + a - select all files - press the shift key and click on delete files 

Try windows + r - on the run window type  %temp%  - click ok  - It will show you the bunch of files -  try ctrl + a - select all files - press the shift key and click on delete files 

If you are not able to remove some files - click on skip and then click click on continue.. 

Try windows + r  - on the run window - type cleanmgr - click ok
    click on all the boxes except recycle bin and thumnail
    Delete the items which are checked 

Try windows x - on the menu - chose command prompt admin or power shell admin 
    click on yes 
    on the blue or black window  type sfc /scannow 
    It will be running till 100 %

Try to do a chrome reset if chrome is installed on your computer. 
    open chrome
    click on three dots on top right corner 
    click on settings
    Scroll down - go to advanced
    click on restore setting to default
    you will see reset settings - cancel
    click on reset settings 
    Open chrome 
    it will work faster now

Some times antivrus might be the cause of the issue..   You can uninstall it to speed up the computer and then you can reload it.  

If it is still not working you can always do refresh ( keep my files )  or reset  ( remove everything) on  your computer to make it to work faster.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Shaunbiju
    ttttt said:
    @Shaunbiju

1) How many GB RAM that your laptop has? If the PC hitting the RAM limit, it will be very slow. 
        Check the memory tab of Win 10 Task Manager to monitor memory usage.

2) Are you still using old style spinning HDD? If so, it will be slow for sure.

3) From the Win 10 Task Manager Startup tab, check how many startup process there and disable unneeded process.

4) Are you using third party anti-virus software other than Win 10 Defender? If you have that, it will slow down everything.
    Hello i have a 8gb ram and there is still 5 gb useable and i have a 250 gb m.2 i dont have a hard drive or ssd i have a m.2 and i am using windows defender i dont use third party anti virus stuff! And is it bc i didn't clean my fan? Bc my fan is prettty dirty
  • JackE
    >>>Bc my fan is prettty dirty>>>

What CPU/GPU temperatures are you seeing?

Jack E/NJ

• Shaunbiju
    JackE said:

Like 50-60
  • Shaunbiju
    JackE said:

My desk is pretty hot after like 3 hours of gaming 
  • JackE
    >>>Like 50-60 >>>

Those are good temperatures so it's not throttling. Uninstall, don't just disable, any non-M icrosoft virus scanners.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Shaunbiju,

Did you check the memory space.
  • JackE
    >>>Like 50-60 >>>

Those are good temperatures so it's not throttling. Uninstall, don't just disable, any non-M icrosoft virus scanners.

Jack E/NJ

• ttttt
    @Shaunbiju

What have you done recently before the slow down occur ?  If that was shortly after a Windows update, then read the old Restore Point as @JackE recommended.

Also, how many external devices you have attached to the laptop? If you have a lot of programs loaded to the PC and several external devices attached to the PC, that may slow down the PC a bit, but not too significant.
    Try right click the Start button and check the Device Manger, see any problems there.

Cleaning the fan may help the temperature a little, do it when you have a chance.

What brand of  M.2 NVMe SSD that you have? I hope you are not using Samsung 980 Pro that has a problem of uncleared M.2 drive cache after using it a few weeks and leading to significant slow down.
  • Jagators63
    Jagators63 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I bought Acer 315-22 49JY last year and I got rid of Norton security and my laptop works just little faster. I have never like Norton because this software makes computers slower.