power supply issues?

Options
Draeke
Draeke Member Posts: 4 New User
I know the category doesn't fit.
I have recently acquired an older model emachine desktop and a search led me here. I have no idea which model it is as there are no stickers on the case, the only label i can find on the motherboard has 0-0a7G067-02460-60-MIBAEO-B05 0506. I get some leds that light up when power is connected, but I can't get anything else to happen. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance for any and all help from the community. :)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Can you take a picture of the back of the machine? We can often figure out what type of PSU is installed by the screw pattern. Then, open the case and take a picture of the main cable where it connects to the motherboard. It's often a 24 pin cable, but sometimes a different size.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Draeke
    Options

well those came out rather large. do those work?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Draeke,

Try to get into BIOS page there you can get the model name.
  • Draeke
    Options
    Need the power to work properly so I can boot the computer up. I know the monitor works, checked it with another computer. 
  • billsey
    Options
    So, that's a standard ATX supply, it's got the normal form factor and the normal power connection to the motherboard. When you attempt to turn it on does the fan in the PSU try to spin? What about the fan for the CPU?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Draeke
    Options
    Billsey, they do not. All that seems to happen is a green light turns on (circled area). Just took a screen shot of the previous pic. 
  • billsey
    Options
    So that is likely indicating the motherboard is either never receiving the power button momentary contact, so it doesn't tell the PSU to fire up, or it's getting the contact, but not telling the PSU to turn on. I believe the LED is the standby power used for doing WakeOnLAN on the Ethernet connection. Can you test the power button to verify it's shorting the two pins together while pressed? It's a different connector than that 24 pin ATX power connector that you jumpered to verify the PSU was working...