Predator X38 LED disabled/turned off?

Options
Quadrangulator
Quadrangulator Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Can the Predator X38's status LED on the bottom-right of the bezel be disabled?

Thanks!

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    @Quadrangulator

Please check the control buttons..     Go to settings menu  - Try to check whether there is a auto off settings on the settings menu.     If you are not able to find it kindly follow the steps given below.

If the light is disturbing, you can stick a sticker on the light..   There are sheets of stickers which are available in the market.    They are of different sizes and shapes with different levels of transparency.     You can also use a electrical tape instead.    Try to purchase a deluxe pack of stickers.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Quadrangulator

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for the reply! I do not own a Predator X38 yet so cannot check the menu. But I want to know as a pre-sales question. I do not want to resort to tape or stickers. I realize this is a small thing, but aesthetics matter to me — particularly with a high-end product such as the X38. 

If anyone can confirm weather or not the LED can be disabled, please let me know.

Thanks!
  • F1Aussie
    F1Aussie Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I like the way Acer support will answer a trivial question like this but completely ignore repeated questions about bigger issues with this monitor. If I was you quad I would not buy it. It has an issue with deep sleep mode dropping the monitor to 100hz max and the only way to fix it is to turn deep sleep off but then the gsync fan runs 24/7 and you have to turn the monitor off at the ppt to stop it. Acer is aware of this and other issues with this monitor in other threads here but has just completely ignored them and not seem to have lifted a finger to fix them.
  • Quadrangulator

Tinkerer

Options
    F1Aussie said:
    I like the way Acer support will answer a trivial question like this but completely ignore repeated questions about bigger issues with this monitor. If I was you quad I would not buy it. It has an issue with deep sleep mode dropping the monitor to 100hz max and the only way to fix it is to turn deep sleep off but then the gsync fan runs 24/7 and you have to turn the monitor off at the ppt to stop it. Acer is aware of this and other issues with this monitor in other threads here but has just completely ignored them and not seem to have lifted a finger to fix them.
    About the deep sleep issue: If you hibernate or shutoff your PC, the monitor will go into deep sleep and then resume with its refresh rate at 100 Hz?
  • Quadrangulator

Tinkerer

Options
    F1Aussie said:
    @F1Aussie Also, if you own an X38, are you able to disable the LED from the OSD? 
  • F1Aussie
    Options
    F1Aussie said:
    About the deep sleep issue: If you hibernate or shutoff your PC, the monitor will go into deep sleep and then resume with its refresh rate at 100 Hz?
    If deep sleep is on on the monitor settings then I think so yes 
  • F1Aussie
    Options
    F1Aussie said:
    @F1Aussie Also, if you own an X38, are you able to disable the LED from the OSD? 
    Not sure, have never looked to do so, I don't even notice the led when the monitor is on