Helios PHP317-51-779L stuck in a few seconds booting loop, Screen Stay's black. Help please :(

Options
Nailiz
Nailiz Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in Predator Laptops
Hello,

My acer predator helios 300 (2018) won't boot since today. (Worked perfectly 8hours ago).
When i press the power button : 
- Fans kick in, (right fan for 2 seconds, and left fan for 0.1 second)
- Keyboard is lit up.
- Then it stop and start again. (10 minutes no change at all).
- Screen Stay's black.
- Small beep from motherboard everytime

- Pressing power for 1 min without battery and sector won't change.
- Unplugging the battery won't change a thing (except the battery indicator loading sign won't blink anymore).
- If i unplug the sector it just not working (- Battery does not seem to charge)

Model : PHP317-51-779L

I think it's the same as https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/1034363 but there is no answer there... 

Does this computer need a functional battery even if plugged ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards,

[Edited the thread to update model name & issue]

Best Answer

• Batareika007
    Batareika007 Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Nailiz,

I think it's ram, lets check it.

perhaps one of them not working correctly, because of that black screen.
    take one stick of ram put in one slot, power on laptop, let it work for 2 minutes, if nothing on screen, remove ram and insert in other slot, power on for 2 minutes. If nothing happen, remove it and make same procedure with other ram stick. 

Answers

• Batareika007
    Options
    Hi Nailiz,

try to remove from laptop all usb, disconnect ssd,  wifi, ram memory, even fans. and try to boot, see if any changes. try it without battery connected and only battery connected.  (screen will be black)

after, connect only one stick of ram memory(if you have more then one) and check if there screen work.

our target to enter only for the bios. laptop will enter the bios automatically if there no boot devises (ssd drives) or will show on screen "no bootble...."

if there nothing, connect all and get support from acer. (if you have warranty) 
  • Batareika007
    Options
    Does this computer need a functional battery even if plugged ?

it can work without battery, but the turbo will not work, it's need at last 40% of charge and plugin.

• Nailiz
    Options
    @Batareika007

Thanks you for your anwser.

Hi Nailiz,

try to remove from laptop all usb, disconnect ssd,  wifi, ram memory, even fans. and try to boot, see if any changes. try it without battery connected and only battery connected.  (screen will be black)

after, connect only one stick of ram memory(if you have more then one) and check if there screen work.

our target to enter only for the bios. laptop will enter the bios automatically if there no boot devises (ssd drives) or will show on screen "no bootble...."

if there nothing, connect all and get support from acer. (if you have warranty) 

Removing everything did make a change, the loopy pattern didn't happen and the screen stayed black. power indicator stayed blue and keyboard light on (nothing more)
    Still nothing with only battery.

But after adding one ram stick (tried with both sticks and both slots) screen stay black

Does it help ?
  • Batareika007
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Nailiz,

I think it's ram, lets check it.

perhaps one of them not working correctly, because of that black screen.
    take one stick of ram put in one slot, power on laptop, let it work for 2 minutes, if nothing on screen, remove ram and insert in other slot, power on for 2 minutes. If nothing happen, remove it and make same procedure with other ram stick. 
  • Nailiz
    Options
    Hey. 

It works ! I thought i tried every combination but i guess i did not. The slot against the motherboard is the one responsible.

I go back to 16gigs of ram but at least it launch.

Thank you.
  • Batareika007
    Options
    Hi Nailiz,

Great job solving the problem  :)
  • Samofficialify
    Samofficialify Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2022
    Options
This discussion has been closed.