My A315-41-R9D3 randomly shutdown with clicking sound

dirayakbar
dirayakbar Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello, my laptop is aspire A315-41 R9D3
Spec is R5 2500U, 8GB ram, NVME 128GB, HDD 1 TB

At first my windows feels laggy, and unresponsive.. i suspect the windows 10 is broken, so i bring my laptop to local repairshop to get a windows reinstalled, but can't be done because BIOS is locked by password, so he try to remove the password by removing CMOS battery

He opened the back cover but can't find the CMOS, he put the back cover on and giving back the laptop to me

So after i came back home, i tried to power it on but the power button unresponsive unless i plug in AC adaptor.. it booted normally but after several seconds it suddenly shut down with clicking sound, happens every time 

For summary :
- Only wants to power up if plugged in
- After turned on battery is 87% and eventually full
- If i removed the AC adapter, it shut down
- Randomly shutdown, it can be 5 seconds or 3 minutes after turning on 

What i did : 
- Cleaning the fan
- Cleaning the RAM contact pin 
the problem still persist

So i read up previous similar question, most of the problem is because of SWG1 switch, but in my laptop the SWG1 switch is blank, there is SWG1 printed on the motherboard but there is no switch there

so what is caused my problem...? is it because no SWG1 switch there or something else? can i jumper it (the swg1 soldering there)

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Battery likely has an internal short. Google keywords 'a315-41' and 'battery' for vendors who ship to your location. About $40usd.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    The clicking sound is probably your 1 TB HDD. Disconnect the HDD to see if it stays on.

Jack E/NJ

• dirayakbar
    JackE said:
    The clicking sound is probably your 1 TB HDD. Disconnect the HDD to see if it stays on.
    It is the 1TB HDD that ckicking, after i removed it, the random shutdown still persist... but without the clicking 
  • JackE
    If you disconnect battery connector from mainboard, does it stay on plugged in?

Jack E/NJ

• dirayakbar
    JackE said:
    If you disconnect battery connector from mainboard, does it stay on plugged in?
    Yep, apparently when the battery is disconnected it stay on and not randomly shutt down... so the battery is the culprit?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Battery likely has an internal short. Google keywords 'a315-41' and 'battery' for vendors who ship to your location. About $40usd.

Jack E/NJ