Z35P Turns Black a little after when turned on. Fixed after unplugging and replugging power

Options
IlanY
IlanY Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2021 in Predator Monitors
Hello,

This usually happens in the morning after I didn't use the monitor for hours.
When I turn my PC on the monitor turns on but after a few minutes "melts" with strange green lines while flickering a little and then turns black (not turning off).
I have 2 more monitors which keep working fine when this happens so it's not Windows or a driver issue. I also try to press the buttons on the monitor to see if the menu is working but nothing is happening.
Also tried turning the monitor off using the power button and turning it back on but this does not help.
This is fixed once I unplug the monitor's power and plug it in again. Sometimes I have to do it twice.
Sometimes it would seem that this is not going to happen until it "melts" randomly after a while (I noticed it happens within about 10 minutes~ after boot) and I have to unplug the monitor, etc.
In other times everything will be fine and this will not happen.

Once I plug the monitor in again, this will not happen for the whole day. Only in the beginning, after it has been off for a few hours. It does not happen if I let Windows turn the monitor off if I leave for some time.
Other than that the monitor is perfectly fine. I have had the monitor for about 2 years now.
Is this description enough to understand what the problem is? Could it be a power supply problem and have an easy fix?

Thank you!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    My guess is it will be related to the power board inside the monitor and it's temperatures. When cold and warming up, such as when you first turn it on, is has a failure mode, but once it's up to temperature things gets stable again. Typically that type of issue can be traced to something like a cold solder joint but it can be a real b*tch to diagnose... :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • IlanY
    IlanY Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    My guess is it will be related to the power board inside the monitor and it's temperatures. When cold and warming up, such as when you first turn it on, is has a failure mode, but once it's up to temperature things gets stable again. Typically that type of issue can be traced to something like a cold solder joint but it can be a real b*tch to diagnose... :(
    It makes sense. *****... And I wanted to sell it due to upgrading soon...
    I guess I will try to find another use for it, then.
    Thank you, though! I will be waiting to see if anyone else has anything else to say about this (maybe someone who had this problem and solved it somehow, idk) as I would really prefer to sell it soon but I guess this is it.