Lines & Blackouts on my Acer Nitro XV270P monitor when I change it to higher refresh rates

LightYear
LightYear Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Monitors
Hi I have an Acer Nitro XV270P. 

I get lines in my screen when I change it to higher refresh rates (144-165HZ). This problem started a few months back. To fix it I reduced the refresh rate to 120Hz. 

This worked fine for sometime but now I again see those lines. I changed all my cables (tried 2 DP cables and 1 HDMI) but I am still having this issue.

In 144Hz now the screen just blacks out.
I have reduced the refresh rate down to 75Hz now to make it work. What could be the issue?

I am using a GTX 1060 Card. The monitor is still under warranty but the nearest service center has been closed due to Covid.

Photos:

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi LightYear,

What is system recommended refresh rate ?
  • MagykWes
    MagykWes Member Posts: 2 New User
    I too am having this same issue. Were you ever able to find a solution? I already have a repair ticket for the monitor but was wondering if you ever solved this. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Usually we've found those types of artifacts are due to a substandard cable...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MagykWes
    MagykWes Member Posts: 2 New User
    After it being diagnosed by Acer they found out it's the mobo inside the monitor. Had to be replaced as faulty hardware. No not the cables as that is the first thing most people check. Also we consider technology two years old to be artifacts these days? Shame. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Good to know they got it sorted, and how. Although most cases are cable or electrical interference, some can be hardware as you found...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • leosrt
    leosrt Member Posts: 1 New User
This discussion has been closed.