"Windows update issue- Battery charge error- NX.A23SV.004

Options
CongThanh
CongThanh Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
"The upgrade process has been suspended because your battery charge is too low. Please plug in a power source; the process will continue when the charge is more than 25%"  This statement appears on my Windows 10 laptop when I switch it on now, after I clicked on a Windows 10 update.  my laptop is plugged in at the mains all the time so it can't be a low power source.  I cannot get past this message so am unable to use my laptop. Please help.
Model : NX.A23SV.004

Edited the Title to add Model name

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,579 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>my laptop is plugged in at the mains all the time so it can't be a low power source. >>>

Yes it can if the battery or it's internal controller is failing. Especially if the battery charge LED is also steady or  blinking orange. If the battery charge LED doesn't change to steady blue after about 2 or 3 hours, then press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds or until the laptop shuts off. Then wait for the battery charge LED turns steady blue. Then try to turn the machine on again so the update can complete..

Jack E/NJ

• CongThanh

Tinkerer

Options
    @JackE
    First of all, thank you for your help. I followed your instructions, but my laptop still won't turn on (Blinking blue light).
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Blinking blue light>>>

Press and hold power button again to turn laptop off.  Unplug charger. Insert paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about 30 seconds. Plug charger back in. Then wait for battery charge LED to turn steady blue again. Try to turn it on again.

Jack E/NJ

• CongThanh

Tinkerer

Options
    @JackE
    I really appreciate your help. I followed your advice. I waited 2 hours hoping my laptop would work. Unfortunately , after 2 hours , my laptop is very hot and still nothing has changed ( screen is still black and nothing ) . Please give me advice .
  • JackE
    Options
    Did the battery charge LED turn steady blue *****BEFORE****** you tried to turn it on?

Jack E/NJ

• CongThanh

Tinkerer

Options
    @JackE

yes, I waited until the battery was full and turned the laptop back on after that. However, the results remain unchanged.

• JackE
    Options
    The battery's internal charge controller has likely failed. It's not accurately reporting state of charge. Is the machine still under warranty? Replacement batteries cost about $40.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is it possible that windows update has updated the bios, causing the problem?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    CongThanh>>>"The upgrade process has been suspended because your battery charge is too low.>>>>>> I clicked on a Windows 10 update. >>>

Did you click on a Windows10 UPGRADE? Or a Windows10 UPDATE?

Jack E/NJ

• CongThanh

Tinkerer

Options
    @JackE
    Thanks for your feedback, After I received the system update request from my laptop. I clicked "Update and Disable" (like the image below). And as a result, my computer screen becomes black and doesn't have anything on it. I have tried many ways but none worked. Maybe, I will take my computer to a service center.
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Please let us know what service center finds.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi CongThanh,

Did you try to update the battery driver.
  • Cresian
    Cresian Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi CongThanh,

Did you try to update the battery driver.
    HOW? Sir?
  • JackE
    Options

Please ask questions on your original thread for better attention to your problem.

Jack E/NJ

• itssmith
    itssmith Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    I also want this. Got a detailed discussion. Thanks.
  • rapi
    rapi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i also have that problem all i do is press the power button until the laptop turned off then press it again to turn on if it goes to the problem again ill just turn it off again then turn back on. as you can see on the image my laptop doesn't have a battery cuz i removed it since it's already dead.

• Perryslr
    Perryslr Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

How many times did you have to do this before it works?

• RobertGanteng
    RobertGanteng Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I also had the same problem, and I finally solved it. if anyone else has the same problem, go to Device Manager -> Firmware, Acer nitro firmware, Right click, uninstall and also select the checkbox that says something like delete firmware from the device

• mateusfell
    mateusfell Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thank you so much! Finally solved my problem after YEARS searching for a solution.