How to fix Screen flicker with restarts in my Predator Triton 300 model no PT315-52?

RNSingh
RNSingh Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I bought my Predator PT315-52 on 18th march 2021 and suddenly today the screen started to show distorted lines and boxes and just restarts with no screen display. I have to manually shut it down and then restart for any further use. It starts sometimes, boots but as soon as i open apps like chrome, it once again shows the same problem. It has also gone into recovery few times and now i am afraid to open it as it may be a graphic card problem as i used it with an hdmi just a day ago in a tv.
Any solutions?
Here is a video link which i made displaying the problem
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CA3Cxqbp-QsDIKnI_aqYq64Amvu9FtnZ/view?usp=drivesdk

Best Answer

• RNSingh

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I saw your problem on video. looks like hardware issue.

when you using it via HDMI cable on TV, there no such problems ? 

anyway the solution reinstall video card driver if no help, reinstall windows (that steps support will tell you to do) and then send it back to acer RMA.
    The problem was a faulty ram! I didn't check if the problem was still there using HDMI. But thanks for helping out! 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

Hi RNSingh,

Are you getting the same screen in BIOS page.

• Batareika007
    Batareika007 Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

anyway the solution reinstall video card driver if no help, reinstall windows (that steps support will tell you to do) and then send it back to acer RMA.
  • RNSingh

Tinkerer

Easwar said:

Hi RNSingh,

Are you getting the same screen in BIOS page.

I was not having that issue when windows was at the recovery options window displaying. I selected startup repair, it ran for a while and after restarting i encountered the same problem! So I took the laptop to the nearest service center and the issue was indeed a faulty RAM. It is now replaced but they have asked me to reinstall windows for a fresh start as my windows is a bit corrupted at the moment. Sound drivers not working properly, had to reinstall some apps and Predator sense. Will reinstall windows this week after backing up my stuff!
  • RNSingh

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

The problem was a faulty ram! I didn't check if the problem was still there using HDMI. But thanks for helping out! 
  • Batareika007
    Batareika007 Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    RNSingh said:
    wow, good to know. usually because of  ram there no screen at all or get BSOD... we learned something new thanks to you.
    thanks for posting the solution