Sleep issue Aspire 515-56

Options
PilotJim
PilotJim Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello,

I have an Aspire 515-56 laptop and am having an issue with the sleep/hibernate mode. When I try to wake the computer from sleep the keyboard lights up but it doesn't wake up. After a few seconds the keyboard lights will go out and nothing else happens. I have to do a hard restart if I accidentally put it to sleep.  This computer is brand new and was fine when I bought it- it just started acting up one day. I didn't change any settings (other than the basic power setting) and it doesn't matter if it's plugged in or on the battery. I looked up a few things online like updating windows and making sure the mouse and keyboard can wake it up, but nothing worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Comments

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    Options
    Do you also have a black screen after the computer wakes up from sleep?
  • PilotJim
    Options
    wascas said:
    Do you also have a black screen after the computer wakes up from sleep?

Yes, well more like no screen at all, I've seen a similar issue where the screen will come on but just be black. Interestingly, this morning when I went to turn it on it did the same thing, I had to do a hard restart to get it back. Any ideas? I've read a lot of people are having this issue.
  • PilotJim
    Options
    Just wanted to post an update. I contacted Acer and there's a BIOS update that fixes the issue.
  • wascas
    Options
    Yes, the black screen issue concerns current Acer laptops (A517-52G, A515-56G, A515-54, A315-58) with Intel's 11th generation processor and onboard integrated Intel graphics chip. Windows Update has recently updated the Intel graphics driver, which leads to the black screen problem. The only solution is a BIOS-Update.
  • Spleed
    Spleed Member Posts: 27 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I've been having this problem for a very wrong time and it's a pretty huge one. Could you please share how to do the BIOS update?
  • wascas
    Options
    unfortunately, you did not say which model you have.
    You can download the latest firmware for your machine at this link:

• Spleed
    Spleed Member Posts: 27 Troubleshooter
    Options
    wascas said:
    unfortunately, you did not say which model you have.
    You can download the latest firmware for your machine at this link:

I have the A-515-53
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)