Acer Nitro 5 AN517-52-79HM Not Turning On Anymore

aw679
aw679 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi,

While I was gaming today, my laptop suddenly turned off out of the blue and won't turn on again. The LED light of the battery icon also ain't glowing. The things I've done is:

- Let my dad check the electricity of the charger, we thought it was broken, but it's still working.
- Tried finding the reset with pin hole, I think it's not on this model.
- Tried holding the power button for 30 seconds and try turning it on again after 15mins.

Now my issue is, if I return it to the store I've bought it at, it will take approx. 3 weeks to get it back (I'm still under warranty). And I have no backup of very important files on it and can't afford to lose it that long. My dad would def be able to replace the battery if I bought one, but I'm not sure if it's the battery. Also is it posssible to just remove to battery and still work on it? I'm lost.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021
    aw679 said:
    Hi,

While I was gaming today, my laptop suddenly turned off out of the blue and won't turn on again. The LED light of the battery icon also ain't glowing. The things I've done is:

- Let my dad check the electricity of the charger, we thought it was broken, but it's still working.
    - Tried finding the reset with pin hole, I think it's not on this model.
    - Tried holding the power button for 30 seconds and try turning it on again after 15mins.

Now my issue is, if I return it to the store I've bought it at, it will take approx. 3 weeks to get it back (I'm still under warranty). And I have no backup of very important files on it and can't afford to lose it that long. My dad would def be able to replace the battery if I bought one, but I'm not sure if it's the battery. Also is it posssible to just remove to battery and still work on it? I'm lost.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to hear that you had a problem with such a new laptop. Power issues could be caused by numerous issues and seeing that you have done most of the basic things that a consumer is instructed to do like, rest the battery, checked the charger the only other thing and especially that your laptop is under warranty, is for you to send it to Acer! Don’t touch your laptop, don’t open it and/or take the battery out or do anything to it that will void your warranty.

This is the SM's instructions to reset the battery in your Nitro 5 AN517-52-79HM, as the pin has been deleted from this model so do this:

Talk to Acer before you send the laptop in to them and tell them your situation and problems and what is the best solution? As an under warranty laptop Acer are the only ones that can analyse and diagnose the exact power problem(s) for you otherwise you couldlose the warranty. IMO its most probably an internal power circuitry issue(s) and a shorted out components(s) that need to be replaced e.g. an ENE chip that governs and switches the power of your laptop to the motherboard and make the laptop power on and that could be burned out but and remember, Acer does not replace chips as Acer replaces the whole motherboard and they won’t touch or need to use your HDD where your valuable data is at. Also and when you send the laptop to Acer, make sure that you specifically state on your notes to Acer that your HDD data is valuable and for them to make sure that they don’t erase, change and/or do anything to this HDD to damage your data! When you get your laptop back make sure that Acer has updated your laptop to the last BIOS version 2.03 dated 2021/06/09 titled "1.Update power sw parameter2.Update Discrete VGA NV Qboost define".

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru