C22-760 Access when screen broken

Options
Rich1957
Rich1957 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2021 in All-In-One PCs
Hi I have a broken screen on my C22-760 all in one. I have been using a USB-HDMI adapter to connect the screen to an external monitor. However I have lost the setting for the 2nd screen output.
Is there any way for the connection to be reset via the keyboard? I have tried windows + P which works for my laptop but wont find my Acer.
Thanks for any help.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Likely the adapter needs a driver that has gone south... If you have Remote Desktop enabled you could login from a different machine and do the update or install needed to get it working again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rich1957

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks Billsey, I think you are right about the driver, it did play up a couple of times before giving up altogether. Foolishly I have a password on the windows account and I didn't think to remove it as I could always see it on the replacement monitor.

My original screen is unviewable apart from a 50mm strip either side, so entering the password is impossible and I dont think I had remote desktop set up.

I did manage to get in in safe mode so will see if I can do anything from there but it looks like I'm going to have to replace the system.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the acer logo appear? Is the image displayed correctly when accessing the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rich1957

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi Egydiocoelho, thanks for replying, when I boot it up it goes as far as the Windows log in page however 90% of the screen is unusable so I have very little to go on. I'm not sure how to get to the BIOS screen, can this be done on start up?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you submit a photo of the problem? To access the bios, press the DEL key before the acer logo.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rich1957

Tinkerer

Options
    The main issue is that the screen is badly damaged, there is a 50mm strip down 1 side and maybe 25mm the other that is accessable, the rest of the screen is like a broken lcd screen, mainly white with some rainbow coloured stripes running vertically across the screen.

I can see the 2 account names bottom left corner and part of the windows beach scene on the left. I need to connect the screen to a seperate one but that is proving almost impossible.
  • Rich1957

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok everyone, just tried to do something with the pc and the screen damage has spread so looks like that's game over for the whole unit  :'(.

Off to look for a replacement now, thanks again for your help.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rich1957

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks again for all your help and ideas, I managed to get a replacement C22-760 from E Bay for £150. Appreciate it's not the latest spec but it suits my needs and gets me off this ancient Windows 7 laptop.