I have a Aspire A515-43. I am having 'There was a problem resetting your pc' problem

Options
wowaspire515
wowaspire515 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,
I am having start-up problem. And then often the laptop would suddenly crash a few minutes after booting. I tried resetting the laptop using Alt+F10. I get the error message -

'There was a problem resetting your pc'.

I tried dskchk etc on command prompt. Nothing works. The laptop came with Windows 10 pre-installed. Grateful for any solution. Thanks.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi wowaspire515,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​

After this try to reset the unit.
  • wowaspire515

Tinkerer

Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi wowaspire515,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​

After this try to reset the unit.
    Many thanks Easwar for your revert. I tried your suggestion, but the problem remains. I get the error message after about 37% of the resetting process, when it pops up with the blue screen.
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi @wowaspire515
    Possibly corrupted boot record (HDD), best that you turn-in your laptop to Acer service shop to reload the system.
  • wowaspire515

Tinkerer

Options
    Puraw said:
    Hi @wowaspire515
    Possibly corrupted boot record (HDD), best that you turn-in your laptop to Acer service shop to reload the system.
    Thanks Puraw. Will do that.
  • wowaspire515

Tinkerer

Options
    Puraw said:
    Hi @wowaspire515
    Thanks Puraw. Will do that.
    I have already registered a complaint 5 days back. Yet to hear from Acer.
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,303 Community Administrator
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi wowaspire515

I am sorry to hear this, Have your local support contacted you? If not, Would you please send me a private message with the  serial number and contact information, I will happily escalate your information for follow up.

Best Regards, 

Acer-Ingrid 

Note: The Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.
  • wowaspire515

Tinkerer

Options

Hi wowaspire515

I am sorry to hear this, Have your local support contacted you? If not, Would you please send me a private message with the  serial number and contact information, I will happily escalate your information for follow up.

Best Regards, 

Acer-Ingrid 

Note: The Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.
    Many thanks. The Acer local support team got in touch and detected some problem with the SSD. The SSD was replaced. Very prompt and great service.
  • nardis_miles
    nardis_miles Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I am experiencing a related problem. My ACER Aspire 5 A515-43-R070, with 2 8 GB 2400 SODIMM's, and a 2 TB SSD crashes intermittently. I have run Ubuntu and Kubuntu linux. I have tried resetting the BIOS to factory settings. This has been a problem for about 2 years. After the crash the screen says 

No bootable device

I have to power cycle twice before it reboots. Without hrelief, I plan to dump this and get a framework. I would like this laptop to work, so any help would be appreciated.