My Acer Aspire E1-531 is overheating. Help me Out?

Options
Vaib215
Vaib215 Member Posts: 1 New User
I have an acer laptop with LUBUNTU 20.04 installed. I've experiencing shutdowns due to overheating. Fan is not working properly. I have cleaned it, tried fan control, p sensors, lmsensors, tlp, thermald and everything. Still its heating a lot. please help me. also i am a noob in linux so explain in brief

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi @ Vaib215 

A malfunctioning fan is often the most common cause of overheating. To check if your laptop's fan is functioning properly, turn the laptop off and turn it over so that its underside is facing up. Then, turn the laptop back on. If you hear the fan whirring when the laptop turns on, the fan is working properly.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Vaib215 said:
    I have an acer laptop with LUBUNTU 20.04 installed. I've experiencing shutdowns due to overheating. Fan is not working properly. I have cleaned it, tried fan control, p sensors, lmsensors, tlp, thermald and everything. Still its heating a lot. please help me. also i am a noob in linux so explain in brief
    The Aspire E1-531 is an old laptop and the fitted cpu's that this model comes with should not overheat in any way but and if the fan is not working properly (due to the age of this laptop) then the cpu heat can't be dispersed so you should replace it with a new one, as they are pretty cheap. Repasting and cleaning the fan will do nothing to fix a faulty fan that is the major source of dispersing heat out of this laptop. Replace the OEM fan with the E1-573 OEM Acer fitted fan or a similar fan, as you can purchase these fans on eBay, Amazon etc:

Also and if the laptop still overheats in any way, then get a good laptop tablet type cooler that will asset in the dispersion of heat out of your laptop.